Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Wing fans - Season 6 Premiere

• 04-01-2005 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

According to DigiGuide (bless this little application) Season 6 of the West Wing kicks off on RTE1 on the 13th of January at a quarter to eleven.

I know there was a few looking for a concrete date and time, so there you are, you now have a nine day warning :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

i know its been asked and asked but West Wing is intelligent and excellent viewing...

Why the HELL is it put on in the middle of the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Because its intelligent and excellent viewing? :D Also because its a bit of a niche show, as great and all a drama as it is, the fact that its based around a political system means that its going to go over the heads of an awful lot of people, therefore doesn't get the prime-time slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I have seen most of the current series and I would highly recommend it. It is much better than last season although there still have been one or two daft plot lines.

Without giving away any spoilers much of this season revolves around the upcoming election and the race for the Democratic nomination and this is a welcome change of focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

whoo hoo! the west wing is the best show on tv. IT ROCKS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

No doubt it they will start to shift the start time later and later each week until it ends up at 11.35.

This seems to happen every bloody year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

A quick thread bump for those who missed it last week - West Wing returning tonight at 22:45, RTE 1...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

hopefully i can take over the tv, for this 'boring' program. women. ya just cant get them to watch anything but soaps. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

tx, had forgotten!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

:eek: Have to tape it because the goddamned family want to watch Survivour... Bah! Console myself with the Season 4 dvd set until I can watch ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Well what did y'all think. Pretty fast-moving (more than usual) epsidoe. I'm delighted it's back - but did RTE show any ads heralding its return? I suppose these are the people who put the best written most engaging show on at bedtime so what do you expect. I also thought their graphic at the ad breaks was dire. A striding giant Bartlett backed by the flag and the Washington monument seemed completely out of character - you'd really wonder at who comes up with these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

aodh_rua wrote:
    Well what did y'all think. Pretty fast-moving (more than usual) epsidoe. I'm delighted it's back - but did RTE show any ads heralding its return? I suppose these are the people who put the best written most engaging show on at bedtime so what do you expect. I also thought their graphic at the ad breaks was dire. A striding giant Bartlett backed by the flag and the Washington monument seemed completely out of character - you'd really wonder at who comes up with these things.

Very fast moving, a bit too fast which large 2-days-later type jumps, one minute Barlet is taking to the Prime Minister in Isreal next scene the PM is landing at Camp David. Still it was good.

I must say the production values are huge considering it is only a TV series. The shots of the funeral arriving, and the landing at camp david was very well done. I have no idea if that was the actual Camp David or an out door set but either way it was impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Excellent opening episode; really enjoyed it, and it bodes well for the rest of the season. Lots of interesting foreshadowing as well (did you see the way Leo had the door pretty much slammed in his face by the prez?)

I noticed too that Kate Harper now gets a place in the opening credits, so presumably she'll be playing a fairly significant role this season.

Advertisement