Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Tattoo needs to be redone

Options
  • 04-01-2005 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

I have a Celtic tattoo on my upper arm that's been around a while now and needs to be redone, can anyone tell me who's good for this kind of work in Dublin?

Also can anyone tell me if there are any possible problems with getting a tattoo redone? only reason I ask is because the skin is a bit raised on this tattoo, will it become more raised (ink on ink)? Also to touch the tattoo it doesn't feel like the skin around it, it feels kinda like dead skin or something, it's hard to explain but I'd compre it to the feeling of having your circualtion cut off for a while if that makes sense. Maybe it's just the kind of skin I have, and I have to say it has improved over the years, but I don't want to do anything that might make it worse or cause a problem so some advice or peoples experience would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Ask for Gavin in Zulu in Temple Bar, or else go see Mick out in Sigma in Swords.... can't go wrong really...

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

did ya get tattooed over scar tissue. that sounds like the problem anyways. but if not, just go and talk to yer tattooist to see what he can do with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

Zulu in temple bar.. just over metal morphosis!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

never been there myself but ive heard good reports about Zulu tatoo

GaRtH_V wrote:
    never been there myself but ive heard good reports about Zulu tatoo

I hang out with the Venter boys from Zulu & frankly, they're the only people I'd let tattoo me drunken @ 4am - LMAO..... **remembers drunken tattoo-ing with Gavin on a mates head quite recently - lmao**

Those guys eat, sleep & breath tattoos - it's not just a job to them. They take their gear on holidays with them - it ain't just a 9 to 5 like some of the guys in Ireland.... they were open over most of Christmas when many others were shut....

THAT's the reason they're the busiest tattoo shop around of late.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

ye zulu are really good, some of micks in celestrial are really good and i like his touch ups too. go in and see what they can do for you(try zulu first)

ye zulu are really good, some of micks in celestrial are really good and i like his touch ups too. go in and see what they can do for you(try zulu first)

AFAIK, Mick doesn't work up in Celestial anymore & now works for Sigma out in Swords these days......

p.s. Cajun - we're both on 618 - LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

Thanks for all the replies, I'll go have a chat with the good people in Zulu and see what they have to say.

PunK05 no the tatto is just on regular skin, but was done a long time ago (12-15 years) so either the artist was a bit overzelous, they just had different equipment back then, or maybe it's just the type of skin I have that's making it numb, I don't know.

Advertisement