Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension query

Options
  • 04-01-2005 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I contributed to a company pension for a few years before leaving that company. My contributions in that fund were frozen. I'm now in a different company (State agency in fact) who have their own pension scheme.

I want to move the old contributions from the old company somewhere else. I don't know how secure the old company is anymore. Is there any point in buying contributions in the new pension scheme, or should I just put them into a fund somewhere else.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

AFAIK there is no problem moving contributions from one scheme to another provided they are both revenue approved which they probably are. The old pension scheme should be seperate from the old company so your own contributions should be safe anyway even if the company is in trouble.

Not an expert but that's what I think is he case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Hi Malarkey,

Transferring pensions, and in particular where the public service / state agenies are concerned, is quite complicated.

Have a look in askaboutmoney.com in the pensions section and you might get what you are looking for.

RevBJ

Advertisement