Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can mobile numbers begin with a 0?

Options
  • 04-01-2005 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭

A number has been given to me in the format 086 0******. Can this be correct? Wouldn't have thought any numbers would begin with zero.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yes they can.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

my number is 087 0******

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

ionapaul wrote:
    A number has been given to me in the format 086 0******. Can this be correct? Wouldn't have thought any numbers would begin with zero.

Yep ... I know several people whos numbers are 086086**** ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

as others have already said. yes. a few of my friends are 08*0******

I remember receiving a text from O2 a few years back stating that I had to put the 086 prefix in to numbers from then on, even if I was dialling another 086 number. Didn't mean much to me anyway, I always did it.

This was to facilitate numbers starting with a 1, e.g. 086 1xxxxxx, so services such as 190x and 118xx could still be dialled correctly. So this measure left the system open to use any number they want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement