Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMD mp3 help needed

• 04-01-2005 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how I would enqueue a directory of mp3s into winamp from the command prompt?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Anyone....nobody's even looked at this post...come on guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭leche solara

Why would you want to do that?

Found out how to do it.....cause my dad has mp3s on the computer and so do i.

I want there to be two icons on the desktop, one for him and one for me, that will load our individual songs.

Also each time I open the list, it will be refreshed so I won't have to clear the list and then re-enqueue all the songs, when I get new ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I have taken a quick google, and I can't find anything about controlling Winamp through the command line. Not sure if it can even be done...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

fletch wrote:
    Found out how to do it.....cause my dad has mp3s on the computer and so do i.

I want there to be two icons on the desktop, one for him and one for me, that will load our individual songs.

Also each time I open the list, it will be refreshed so I won't have to clear the list and then re-enqueue all the songs, when I get new ones.

So how did you do it? All you have to do is save two playlists to the desktop and double click on the playlist to enqueue all the songs.

• Advertisement

NotMe wrote:
    So how did you do it? All you have to do is save two playlists to the desktop and double click on the playlist to enqueue all the songs.
    That's all well and good until you get new songs and then you have to go and add the songs to the playlist and save the playlist, this way your songs are automatically added to your playlist everytime you reopen winamp....
    (now to find out how to clear the previous playlist)
    Here's the code so far

@echo off
    cd\
    cd\program files\winamp\
    winamp.exe /add x:\locationOfSongs 
    exit

So to clear the previous playlist save a blank playlist called "blank.m3u" in the winamp folder and then your batch file looks like:

@echo off
    cd\
    cd\program files\winamp\
    blank.m3u
    exit

The only problem is that all your songs have to be in the same folder. Is there anyway you could load a directory and all subdirectories?

NotMe wrote:
    So to clear the previous playlist save a blank playlist called "blank.m3u" in the winamp folder and then your batch file looks like:

@echo off
    cd\
    cd\program files\winamp\
    blank.m3u
    exit

The only problem is that all your songs have to be in the same folder. Is there anyway you could load a directory and all subdirectories?
    /add x:\locationOfSongs will load the directory and all subdirectories but
    blank.m3u will only clear a saved playlist, and not the current playlist

I take it all back, it does work....here's the final code
    @echo off
    cd\
    cd\program files\winamp\
    winamp.exe blank.m3u /add x:\locationOfSongs 
    exit

the reason it wouldn't load subdirectories for me is because I had - d:\mymusic\"
    it worked when I got rid of the last backslash - "d:\mymusic"

I also discovered that the first song in the playlist is "add" and in fact you don't need the /add at all. And you can put as many directories as you want
    @echo off
    cd \program files\winamp\
    winamp.exe blank.m3u "d:\mymusic" "d:\downloads\mp3"
    exit

Thanks for this :D It's a handy shortcut to have.

• Advertisement

Yeh my first two songs are blank and add.....Mmmm must take out the add when I get home....does blank appear in your playlist?

fletch wrote:
    .does blank appear in your playlist?

No. (Eh, the word "blank" or a blank entry? )

NotMe wrote:
    No. (Eh, the word "blank" or a blank entry? )
    The word blank does....not that that would really bother me too much though

Advertisement