Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6c text messages with Vodafone

Options
  • 04-01-2005 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

Vodafone are doing a special offer from today until the end of March offering their 100 text bundle for only €6. This is also available on Ready to Go.

People with the 100 text bundle (for €8) will automatically get the discount.

Unfortunatly you are still limited to one 100 text bundle per month.

Good value though.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

v10 wrote:
    Vodafone are doing a special offer from tomorrow until the end of March offering their 100 text bundle for only €6. This is also available on Ready to Go.

People with the 100 text bundle (for €8) will automatically get the discount.

Unfortunatly you are still limited to one 100 text bundle per month.

Good value though.

And how do you avail of it through RTG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

slade_x wrote:
    And how do you avail of it through RTG
    For now you can get it by calling 1850 20 87 87 or by dropping into an agent.
    From the 10th you can get them by sending ''text 100'' to 50233 or by calling FreeFone 1800 808 808. €6 will be taken from your credit.
    You can also chck how many messages you've left by sending ''bal'' to 50233.
    From April 1st, the price goes back up to €8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

just wondering i am have a bill phone and i am on talk&text option which means i get 100 free txts per month. apart from keeping track using my msg counter on my phone and resetting the msg counter every month is there any way of checking the balance by send a txt msg like in the case of RTG ? i.e. txt 'bal' to 12345 ??? i would have assummed if they can do it for RTG then surely there is a way for Bill as well.

--laoisfan

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good value.... am due my 100 free text bundle from O2 this month though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Your bill shows the number of free texts used and the number carried over to next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

try not to ring 1850 20 87 87 as I work on helpdesk and it means more work for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 j26

Can they be carried forward to another month on RTG?

Your bill shows the number of free texts used and the number carried over to next month.

I realise that - my bill also shows me my minutes used and carry over minutes for next month, but I can still check my mins by sending MINS to 1907.

What I want to know, accurately, is why I cannot do the same for text msging - reason I want to know is so I do not go over my allocated free txts. My counter on the phone is accurate as long as I remember to reset it each month for each bill - however if I do not..........

--laoisfan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Eldarin

J26 they will not be carried forward to the next month. You get 100 text messages on RTG once every 30 days. you have to re-subscribe every time the 30 days runs out. Also its worth knowing that you have to have at least 6euro's in your account balance before you subscribe for obvious reasons.

Laoisfan, firstly i really like the name secondly there currently is no easier way to check for the amount of texts left than to ring 1907 and ask them. Its a free fone number so you might aswell.

• Advertisement

Laoisfan, firstly i really like the name secondly there currently is no easier way to check for the amount of texts left than to ring 1907 and ask them. Its a free fone number so you might aswell.

Eldarin - thanks for the reply. Yeah, I guess 1907 will have to do :) thing is, I mainly text with my phone, I only ring people if I really have to!! I know, sounds crazy....ah well, c'est la vie!!

thanks for all the replies!!

--laoisfan
    (also a liverpoolfan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Eldarin

no problems, cant say I agree with the liverpool bit but at least you support laois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭terryhickey1

can these text bundles work if i am abroad using my rtg sim and i am txting irish networks or is that excluded?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Eldarin wrote:
    J26 they will not be carried forward to the next month. You get 100 text messages on RTG once every 30 days. you have to re-subscribe every time the 30 days runs out. Also its worth knowing that you have to have at least 6euro's in your account balance before you subscribe for obvious reasons.

No they do carry forward, there is no set date of expiry, but you can only buy 1 every 30 days on RTG

Advertisement