Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hilarious Hebner Error on Raw!

• 04-01-2005 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Having watched the first ever Raw last night I saw a hilarious howler by Earl Hebner.I won't divulge any match results to those of you who haven't seen Raw but the match in question was Shelton Benjamin versus Sylian Grenier while Maven had joined King and JR at ringside.

During one of Shelton's major moves,where one leg is blocked and Shelton spins with his other leg,(I think you know what i'm talking about)anyway this was done to Grenier and since Shelton has in the past pinned people with this move,Grenier planned to just be pinned but clearly Hebner thought he'd kick out!
    As Hebner went to count,he stopped his hand just before 3 expecting Grenier to kick out and when he didn't the crowd realised the mistake and started to boo!

JR said "Grenier must've kicked out" while King said "Uh,I don't know if he did what do you think Maven?"

It was a big mistake and I don't think Vince would've been too impressed.
    I won't tell you who won the match in the end but make sure you watch this moment as I don't think it will be censored on Thursday.
    It's very funny! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

noticed this myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Grenier tryed to do a hip up in that match and landed on his back. He could have been playin to the crowd who like myself were in stiches or maybe he just fuc*ed up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I think it was Sylvan who messed up as Earl thought he was going to kick out, the next move was Sheltons finishing move the T-Bone and I think grenier just forgot, anyway Earl would never screw a wrestler like that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It was Grenier's mistake, why would the planned finish have been to have him kick out of one finisher and then have the other one done straight away? Seemed too pointless, especially by the way Shelton reacted, so I'd say it's safe to say Hebner messed up.

Anyway, anyone notice that he didn't ref the main-event?

Kinda obvious from the first post who wins anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If you watch how the events unfolded such as Benjamin knocking Conway off ringside,it would've been a good ending for Grenier to just get pinned.

I think it was Hebner's blunder and Benjamin showed smart thinking by using the T-Bone straight after so that the fans wouldn't persist in booing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Mistakes do happen and now they cant cut them off from us hah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Hebner is a disgrace and will always be a disgrace (see Survivor Series 1997).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Hebner is a disgrace and will always be a disgrace (see Survivor Series 1997).

I seen it at the time, it was Earls finest moment, always be a legend for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

cooker3 wrote:
    I seen it at the time, it was Earls finest moment, always be a legend for that

He did the job he was paid to do. If only bret hart had been such a good employee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Cactus Col wrote:
    If only bret hart had been such a good employee.

Bret Hat was treated like a piece of **** by Vinnie Mac and the WWF. Bret had been a truly wonderful for the WWF and he was the only good thing going for them during that terrible period during the mid-nineties. Bret Hart is the perfect example of how a pro-wrestler should be in terms of out of the ring and in the ring, a true legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

ah bret was great in his time, but he had to drop the title. He didnt want it to happen. but it had to happen. They couldnt of had him a member of wcw and still champ.... They did it wrong though. Vince was some wanker that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Exactly, he had to drop the title. Vince had to do what was best for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PaddyjDunne

Bret Hat was treated like a piece of **** by Vinnie Mac and the WWF. Bret had been a truly wonderful for the WWF and he was the only good thing going for them during that terrible period during the mid-nineties. Bret Hart is the perfect example of how a pro-wrestler should be in terms of out of the ring and in the ring, a true legend.

blah, blah, blah...poor bret. F*ck him! "I don't want to lose against Shawn Michaels" Blah blah blah..............Treated like Sh*te? Don't think so mate. I'm sure a big salary and thousands of fans that idolised him BECAUSE of the things McMahon had done for him can't be classed as sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I'm a huge Bret fan, but please, don't start talking about Montreal again.
    Bret sure does'nt.
    And HBK certainly does'nt, as we seen on Raw this week. Funny incident actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

With regards to the original post, any of you guys remember No Way Out 2001? It had the three stages of hell match between Austin and Triple H. The mai event was The Rock Vs Kurt Angle for the championship, with Earl reffing. Towards the end, The Rock connected with a Rock Bottom, and he covered Kurt, and Earl did exactly what was described above. Angle was supposed to stay down, but dumb Earl forgot and wouldn't count the three. The Rock shouted at Earl to count the damn finish, and hit the move again. This time Earl got it right. What a great way to ruin a PPV main event!

That one was definetly Earl's fault. Kurt Angle's book confirms as much. As far the RAW incident, I didn't see it, but I would guess that Shelton wouldn't cleanly win with the Dragon Whip, as his Exploder is getting pretty over now. Just a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wacker wrote:
    As far the RAW incident, I didn't see it, but I would guess that Shelton wouldn't cleanly win with the Dragon Whip, as his Exploder is getting pretty over now. Just a guess.

He beat someone a couple of weaks back with that move.I can't remember who.If you had seen the events leading up to the dragon whip such as Conway getting knocked off you'd see it would've made sense for Grenier to just get pinned.I feel sorry for Grenier as I'm sure he would've got the blame by Vince later on. :)

Advertisement