Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused! & Any Ideas?

• 04-01-2005 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I've had my cat for about 5 weeks and over the past 2 weeks he's been coming back home and getting sick in the corner of my kitchen. I see him leaving the house every morning and going over the wall to the neighbour's house. The only time I ever see him is when he returns and I have to mop up his vomit...I know it sounds stupid but I feel slightly used, as if he only wants me for his basic needs and nothing more. I wonder if my neighbour is feeding him the wrong food (like chocolate and food scraps and stuff) but I don't really want to confront my neighbour over it because we had a fall-out last year and I haven't spoken to him since. Any suggestions would be much appreciated guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I got my cat about 5 weeks ago and for the last two weeks he’s been coming home and doing a vomit in the corner of my kitchen. The only time I see him is every morning when he leaves the house and heads over to the neighbours house. This leads me to suspect that the neighbour might be feeding him bad food (like chocolate or food scraps or stuff) but I don’t really want to confront my neighbour because we had a fall-out last year and haven’t talked since. I know this might sound silly…but I feel slightly used by my cat, as if he just wants me for my basic needs and nothing more. Any ideas what to do guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭test999

Tom-cats wonder, it's their thing.

As for the vom. who knows, perhaps you should stick around and watch where he goes and what he does.

You have a latch-key cat, you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I've had my cat for about 5 weeks and over the past 2 weeks he's been coming back home and getting sick in the corner of my kitchen. I see him leaving the house every morning and going over the wall to the neighbour's house. The only time I ever see him is when he returns and I have to mop up his vomit...I know it sounds stupid but I feel slightly used, as if he only wants me for his basic needs and nothing more. I wonder if my neighbour is feeding him the wrong food (like chocolate and food scraps and stuff) but I don't really want to confront my neighbour over it because we had a fall-out last year and I haven't spoken to him since. Any suggestions would be much appreciated guys.

Confused-So am I.

What has this to do with stargate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Roffle Mayo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i don't think engineering is the place for your question moved to pets and all that jazz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The cat is clearly possessed (taken) by a Goa'uld (bug). Perhaps the good Tollan (people) on err the Tollan (Animals) board can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can see that your confused alright .. posting your question multiple times .. even in the DIY section. Unless you plan to kill the poor cat with a sledge hammer for puking in the kitchen, then what has it to do with gardening!!

PS .. thats the way cats are .. Keep him in for a week or so and see how he/she gets on. Are you sure that it is what the cat is eating during the day that is causing the sickness .. or could it be some other medical issue. Take him to the vet.

I think that you should be more worried about the cat than your tiff with the neighbour!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Maybe your cat isn't getting much from you either, in terms of affection, petting, training, etc. If he's puking in the corner, first clean it up very well, *using biological detergent* (takes away the smell) then put down newspaper, and the second it happens again, whip up the paper and repeat the cleaning.

If you want more feedback from the pusscat, train him - cats like training - and play with him. There's a book called something like Click With Your Cat or Clicker Train Your Cat that'll tell you how.

Your cat's in the riskiest position a cat can be in. I suspect that this was the way with my cat Barcode, which I took in as a half-starved almost-grown-up kitten. Apparently he'd been sleeping rough and nesting in gardens around the neighbourhood for about three months when I got him; at that stage I reckoned he was around eight months old, which would work out as someone getting him as a six-weeker and moving out on him around Christmas that year.

People do this all the time - they reckon that cats "mind themselves, really", and so they abandon them. (A US study a few years back found that the average lifespan of a feral cat was one year; I suspect that it would be shorter for abandoned pets.)

I'm not saying you're going to do this, mind; just that you need to bond a bit with your pet if you're going to have a pet.

If you mostly ignore him, he probably thinks you like it that way. Cats are polite people. Try talking to him when you put down his food, for a start. Then get a ping-pong ball on a piece of string and play "hunting" with him. After you've got that far, the sky's the limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

apologies for this thread- somebody decided it would be funny to use my account for a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What an odd troll then. Case closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement