Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another insurance Q...sorry!

Options
  • 04-01-2005 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know there's lots of threads about insurance already, and I've looked at the sticky but just in case I've missed something...

I've just turned 18, have had 6 lessons with ISM and have another 5 booked... my instructor really wants me to get insured on my dads car (a 98 almera hatchback). My dad rang his insurance company and because he's a primary school teacher, he's on a special scheme and they won't insure anyone under 21 (obv teachers don't have children...!). So he, and my mum are gonna change insurance companies so that I can get insured. She has her own car too, he'll be getting comprehensive. Basically wondering, any companies particularly good, and how much can we expect to pay? They've been driving for 17 years and never claimed anything.

Thanks and sorry again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

go to http://www.123.ie/motor2002/index.htm fill in the details and that will give you an idea of what you can expect to pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 twinturbo

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 garhelen

You'll get the best idea of what you're going to pay when you ring up the insurances companies or brokers and get a quote I think websites like 123.ie etc are a complete joke I've my insurance for about a grand Put in the same details into 123 and the cheapest was about 2 grand Off the same company that I have it, Hiberian When I was insured with the parents, there wasn't many companies at that stage insuring young drivers even under their parents If they did the quotes were a bit of a joke

Advertisement