Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insects, Snakes and other oddities

• 04-01-2005 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

My sister got me an edible scorpion in toffee for Christmas. So naturally I checked out the company's website - www.edible.com and found all sorts of bizarre stuff. Some of it is great - monkey picked tea!!!

Anyway - I was just wondering if anyone knows of other bizarre or unusual things you can get to eat over the net.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

My sister got me an edible scorpion in toffee for Christmas.

The scorpion wasnt real was it?? What did it taste like?

That worm in the vodka looks sick on that site!

There was a guy in our school we nicknamed 'Edible' coz he used to eat everything - from rulers to erasers..... it's not you is it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I've had the snake in the vodka last christmas .. tis tough and chewy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

There's some sick sh*t on that site :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What was the scorpion like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

You can buy them off-the-shelf in Brown Thomas of all places!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yup. The scorpion is real alright. They've treated it so it's not poisonous. Although they don't recommend selling it to under 18s and the box has the warning 'Scorpion may contain sharp parts' - which I thought was good.

I haven't eaten it yet - keeping it for a while so I can freak people out with it.

I want to see more stuff like this though - has anyone found other sites which sell other edible oddities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Yeah but if you bought them in brown thomas they would probably be overpriced and stuck up like all of the other products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Ahahahahaha, THIS looks appetising;
    DESCRIPTION
    A Vodka flavoured lollipop, which contains a real edible scorpion!

I particularly like this bit:
    The scorpion may even glow under ultra violet lights, so take them clubbing...

...cos they REALLY LOIKE DANS MUSIK.

Advertisement