Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously Packets Loss with IBB??!

• 04-01-2005 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello All,

I'm living in Rathmines and I have had 1MB Lite Home from IBB for 3 weeks. It worked perfectly for 3 days, until 2 weeks ago they did some work at Guiness High Site. Since then, I got high packet loss(>25%) when I ping my default gateway, constently every 10 mins, makes browsing intolerable all day and night. I have ensured that my computer is 'clean', no spyware, firewall disabled, connected directly to the Black Box, tried different lengths of CAT5, power cycled the MODEM numerous times, tried substituting various computers(include one brand new iBook). PROBLEM REMAINED :confused:

I called IBB tech for help, very friendly guy, he saw the problem as well and told me wud escalate it to a contact in their department and give me a call if it's fixed. But till now I still haven't bot any reply yet. :mad:

I'm wondering if anybody here have had the same problem and how to handle it.
    I appreciate all input and Happy New Year to All. :)

Please See ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

running slow in D15 as well today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

all I can say is call them, and call them back...etc...

Advertisement