Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 upgrade options - SE T630 for €49 or not?

• 05-01-2005 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Having a goo at the O2 site there and checking out upgrade options and I can get a T630 for €49. Seems like excellent value for a new phone, bluetooth is a bonus. Saw the 630 discussed in other threads here and most reports are good but is there anything better for similar money?

I'm a Nokia man for years but their UI is not as intuitive as it used to be imho so I'm willing to experiment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I had a T630 for a while and really liked it, moved on to a K700. I'm becoming a big SE fan. I'm also of the belief that getting a phone on a bill pay upgrade that is available as a pay as you go phon eis a bit of a waste of a chance to get a goo dphone at a reduced price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you get it in Carphone Warehouse, it's gone down to e29 on bonus upgrade and e19 on advantage, just to let you know....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Stekelly wrote:
    I had a T630 for a while and really liked it, moved on to a K700. I'm becoming a big SE fan. I'm also of the belief that getting a phone on a bill pay upgrade that is available as a pay as you go phon eis a bit of a waste of a chance to get a goo dphone at a reduced price.

I have an SE T630, and a Nokia 6600 and 3100, and to be honest I'm very disappointed with the SE T630. Compared to the 3100, It only holds a small amount of SMS's, inferior bat life. Compated to the 6600 or 6230, it's laughable, the camera is really bad for a new fone, menu is difficult to use, you can't switch between apps like on a 6600. In short, I'm sorry I got it, I'd check round before I upgraded to it, I got mine as a ready to go fone for work calls, but I'd dump it if it was my main fone.

Bogger77 wrote:
    I have an SE T630, and a Nokia 6600 and 3100, and to be honest I'm very disappointed with the SE T630. Compared to the 3100, It only holds a small amount of SMS's, inferior bat life. Compated to the 6600 or 6230, it's laughable, the camera is really bad for a new fone, menu is difficult to use, you can't switch between apps like on a 6600. In short, I'm sorry I got it, I'd check round before I upgraded to it, I got mine as a ready to go fone for work calls, but I'd dump it if it was my main fone.

Its not a new phone its about a year old at this stage i think, even at that it was only an upgraded (screen-wise i think) T610.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Stekelly wrote:
    Its not a new phone its about a year old at this stage i think, even at that it was only an upgraded (screen-wise i think) T610.
    I know it's only a t610, with a new cover, but still The camera quality is dire. even for a year old design.

Its not worth wasting a pay later upgrade on

• Advertisement

Bogger77 wrote:
    I know it's only a t610, with a new cover, but still The camera quality is dire. even for a year old design.

Its not worth wasting a pay later upgrade on

well as i said, i woulnt waste a pay later upgrade on any ohone thats available on pre pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

stupid question but was also going to buy a t630 in the cpw and the guy recommended that i get a pay as you go one, use up the credit and than put in my own sim( monthly bill pay).. i thought you couldn't do this? please excuse my ignorance

pwwillia wrote:
    stupid question but was also going to buy a t630 in the cpw and the guy recommended that i get a pay as you go one, use up the credit and than put in my own sim( monthly bill pay).. i thought you couldn't do this? please excuse my ignorance

you can use a sim from the same operator in any of their phones, its not locked to a particular sim, just network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

thanks for the info

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Well i got this phone for xmas, have to say over all i like it

Camera is a tad ****e though, good concept though (holding the camera sideways like a real camera, taken to the extreme with another SE phone i saw, 1.3MP and the back looked like a Sony Cybershot)

Nice interface, easy to use (the 'joystick' click to accept etc)

Battery is great, have charged it 3 times since xmas

Text messages are a bit slow, and maybe the capacity isnt that great either, although i had about 40 messages overall before i deleted em

• Advertisement
Advertisement