Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WI Fi and signal interference

• 05-01-2005 12:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭

:confused:

Appreciate any help, I am thinking of setting up a wireless network but before I buy the relevant hardware was wondering do any of the following interfere with the wi fi signal :

- videosender

- digital wireless phones

Also are those wifi USB receivers any good or am I better off buying an internal wi fi card for my desktop

strettie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

strettie wrote:
    :confused:

Appreciate any help, I am thinking of setting up a wireless network but before I buy the relevant hardware was wondering do any of the following interfere with the wi fi signal :

- videosender

- digital wireless phones

Also are those wifi USB receivers any good or am I better off buying an internal wi fi card for my desktop

strettie

Should be no conflict. I got a Netgear 108 router:-

http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WGT624.php

and a netgear card too but if you got a desktop USB is no good !! get :-

http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WG311.php

a wireless PC adapter !!!

also there are routers on offer on www.komplett.ie

WIFI is great !!! and easy to set up !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Once they dont operate in the 2.4GHz band you will be fine. Check the phones, I think some of them do operate in the wifi band

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

Cheers thanks for the advice

Strettie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

i had problems with signal because of the amount of machines I have, just changed channel that the wifi was running on, worked like a dream :)
    oh yea, I have all NetGear equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

IIRC, there are 10 channels to choose from, and 3 (or 4) of them are completely seperated from each other (non-overlapping). This means it should be very easy to resolve any interference in your house by either changing the channel on your WI-FI network, or on your other equipment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement