Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Cup Weekend

Options
  • 05-01-2005 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

The national cup draw has taken place and the semi-finals are:

UCC demons v.s. Abrakebabra Tigers
    St. Vincents v.s. Gleneagle Lakers

The lakers are a kind of unknown quantity with me, so to be honest I can't see them getting to the final. I'm planning to watch Vincents this weekend at home to Killester, and that should be an interesting match.

I think the winner of the Demons/Tigers matchup will take the final, although being a cup, everyone's in with a chance I suppose! I'm hoping to get my tickets now fairly soon. Anyone else here planning to make the trip for the weekend?

Phil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

OK, after watching the last two Vincents matches, I'm going to predict that they take the cup home with them.

Tonkavich is looking quite impressive and if Trimmer steps up to the plate as well, they have a formidable 4 and 5.

Madsen is shooting the trey excellently, I think he got 6 or 7 versus Killester and another couple versus UCD. They seem to gel quite well together, but then again Killester and UCD seemed to rely upon their Americans far too much.

So my prediction, after my limited match viewing this season, is Vincents and we'll see how they get on!

Anyone else planning to go to the finals?

The semis are over now with Vincents running through winners and Abrekebabra Tigers taking the other semi-final.

One player to watch is John Teehan, who is a tenatious point guard with excellent feet movement. On the Vincents side, Tonkavich and Trimmer looked quite domninant and I think they're height advantage over the smaller Abrakebabra Tigers will give them the edge!

Gamble looked excellent for the Lakers starting out and he had the beating of Tonkavich every time in the first quarter, he calmed down though and in the end Ger Noonan stole the show for Lakers and eventually Gamble got fouled out. It was a fairly lack lustre game and the result was never really in doubt.

Should make for an exciting final tomorrow and I hope Vincents pick it!

Vincents lost in the final to the deserving winners, Abrekebabra Tigers. Smallwood and Craig laid the team that really dominated and there was a couple of nice alley-oops in the match as well :)

Good match, Tigers pulled away in the last quarter, but the scoreline flatters them a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Smallwood and Craig are the best americans in the country for working together.

Although when Parker was with Limerick Lions earlier this year Jeffires and Parker where amazing, Parker one time set Jefferies up for what in my opinion was the best alley hoop ever!!!!!!! Although neither Chorus Sports Channel or RTÉ where there.

Advertisement