Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favour

Options
  • 05-01-2005 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone around the Bray area have the PC version of PES 4? I am thinking of getting it but would like to see if it works ok on my laptop before I buy it. I would only need it for a few hours.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 misdog

Hmmm, Pro Evo 4 on a laptop? Don't know how well that will run. Why don't you DL the demo version and see. Plays fantastically well on a decent spec PC though and is well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Where is Demo version available from? Do you think it would play the same as the original CD if I bought it or would it require less? My laptop is good spec so should it not be the same as a desktop pc of similar spec?

'pro evo 4 demo' in google will give you a 75Mb download minus the commentry (torrent link)

http://www.eurofiles.net/torrents/pes4demo.exe.torrent

If you don't have torrent then try some other links. This was the first hit I came accross. I would advise testing before buying as it does require a decent graphics card. I play on a 2.4G machine with 512DDR and a fairly new 128Mb nVidia graphics card and in 1024 resolution there is still a very slight draw/refresh problem.

Thanks, downloading a 199mb file of it (with commentary) so I know that if the commentary is on on my laptop it will still be ok. But do you think the demo will have the same problems as the original IF the original poses any problems? do you only have the demo or do you have the actual game? are you located anywhere around bray? in a say 10 mile radius?

The demo should run at the same speed as the original. The difference between the demo versions and full version (on ps2 anyway), it only allows you to play as one team (england from memory) for one half of a 5 minute match. But if the demo runs ok you are in business. It's only £18 on play.com so your not going to be breaking the bank.

• Advertisement

do u have the same refresh rate prob with demo so?
    thanks for info:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

i put it on my laptop - centrino 1.4ghz, 512mb ram, 4200rmp hdd, shared graphics. Put it at 640x480 and low graphics and it runs fine (well playable at least) with the wolfs 3.0 patch. Thats not to say that I particularly want to play it on the laptop - it was just a test to see if it would work.

do u have any idea how your laptop compares to mine? Its a Gericom Ego.

Ati Radeon 9700. whats the wolfe patch for?

Im using a homebuilt pc actually, and don't actually have the demo (only saw pes on the pc for the first time a few weeks ago). I put on the wolf patch and associated option file. Looks fantastic with the patch. There is also an official patch (which changes the code, not graphics) which should help with online gameplay. Should be able to DL from konami.

The Wolfe patch and assoc option file will being all your kits, flags, logos, advertising, stadiums, sounds etc up to date and the game looks far more realistic. The option file will correct all the player and team names. HIGHLY recommended, as is playing on a pc as opposed to a laptop. With a USB PS2 controller interface this is quite simply stunning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Oh Cormie, your laptop has a 9700? It will play it no problem - it kicks my laptops ass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement