Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity LAN intreast check

• 05-01-2005 3:27am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

would you be up for a Lan party? in trinity?

usual games played

cs/quake/bf/hl/ra2

and how would one go about setting this up? if i got enough support, i'll talk to netsoc Duccs and Gamers

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i'd be casually interested. but dont those socs already have their own lan parties set up. they go to one of the internet cafes somewhere in town and play like 8 pm to 8am. college computers are out of bounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

interest: check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Yep count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

They cost 10 euro for an all night session. If you get say 10 people to agree i'll have a word with oisin about setting one up. He's a fairly approachable guy.

why cant they happen on a saturday afternoon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

we could just get see if we could get a room on college (even a soc room), a switch and a **** load of tables :)

i'm up for it :)

goldsmith hall has been had before i think. bring ur own comps and games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

yeah - always good for filesharing too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'd be interested in something at a reasonable hour of the day. I can bring my own computer too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Boston wrote:
    i'll have a word with oisin about setting one up. He's a fairly approachable guy.
    Oisin who? What's his surname.

• Advertisement

Your old lab partner Dec, Runs gamers these days.

I see.. bang on chap. Fascinatingly honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Fascinatingly honest

How so?

(I've never actually heard of someone being described as such.)

Extremely straight cut guy, He won't bull**** you like.

Yeah.. you ask a question, you get an answer, there is no spin on it. It's stranger than you think, there is ALWAYS spin. I admit to using it heavily depending on who I'm talking to. Ois just says it how it is, even if the straight answer could be a cause of embarrassment to him.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Yeah.. you ask a question, you get an answer, there is no spin on it. It's stranger than you think, there is ALWAYS spin. I admit to using it heavily depending on who I'm talking to. Ois just says it how it is, even if the straight answer could be a cause of embarrassment to him.
    Oh! Right, I get you now. I'm kinda like that too, but perhaps not to the same extent. I either answer a question or don't, I don't like fluting around with half-answers..

Oh! Right, I get you now. I'm kinda like that too, but perhaps not to the same extent. I either answer a question or don't, I don't like fluting around with half-answers..

oh really.

ooooouuuu someone's has a crush on someone.

oh really.
    Yes. No means no kev, I didn't lead you on in any way.

harsh!

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:
    harsh!
    Sometimes you've got to let them down gently..

And other times, you gotta dump them faster than a rhubarb curry.

Pet this is at least the second time you've posted about me and either intentionally or unintentionally loaded it with double entendre. Boston, I admit added fuel to the fire. Possibly in retaliation to me telling everyone about his crush on his teacher. Well, alleged crush. :-)

So just for the record, Pet brought it to the boards attention that he was intending on leaving college for some untold reason. So I'm thinking to myself, why does he bring this issue up if he's not going to explain it. Well that's up to him. So in private I asked him what's the story and he didn't tell me. He just said it was personal reasons and that was that. Later I asked a few more times but he never said more than that. However he did say a reason for not telling me is that it would make me feel sorry for him. So i think everyone can understand how this piqued my curiousity. Anyway, that is that.

Pet this is at least the second time you've posted about me and either intentionally or unintentionally loaded it with double entendre. Boston, I admit added fuel to the fire. Possibly in retaliation to me telling everyone about his crush on his teacher. Well, alleged crush. :-)

So just for the record, Pet brought it to the boards attention that he was intending on leaving college for some untold reason. So I'm thinking to myself, why does he bring this issue up if he's not going to explain it. Well that's up to him. So in private I asked him what's the story and he didn't tell me. He just said it was personal reasons and that was that. Later I asked a few more times but he never said more than that. However he did say a reason for not telling me is that it would make me feel sorry for him. So i think everyone can understand how this piqued my curiousity. Anyway, that is that.

Jeez, homophobia much? Chill and go with it, 'twas but a joke. If you're that worried about what other people think, then let me make an open comment to all who browse these forums: I've met Kevin like twice, both times in crowded Trinity society rooms. If anyone has such a dearth of humour that they could construe my comments as romantic interest, then maybe they should go and kill themselves.

Secondly, I do have good reasons for not returning to college (immediately), but that's my business and there's no good reason why anyone else needs to know. If anyone is genuinely concerned as to my welfare, then I'll set them straight, in private.

But until then, let's get back to throwing random witty comments (where the hell is John when you need him!?).

Jeez, homophobia much?

and you said i over reacted? bad taste on your part.

Ah now, kids kids..

Don' MAKE me bust a cap in yo ass.

Ssssh, we better be quiet kev, pimp daddy's arrived on the scene!

Sorry.. sorry??

**SMACK*

Yeah.. ya like dat, dont ya bitch.

pimpdaddy8fk.jpg

ph34r my l33t skillz!!!!!11one

• Advertisement

Pet's a bloke?

Advertisement