Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 05-01-2005 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

just want to know how you become a moderator at boards.ie? would like to do some moderating in my spare time!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

All things in moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

i spent about 95% of the time im on the net browsing boards.ie, posting etc. etc. is it easy to become a moderator?

You have to pass the amp test.

ya i get the impression that your pulling the mickey out of me here! its late in the night and im going to bed! have to be up for work in the morn! goodnight! maybe i will find out some answers tomorrow!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

tbh you dont really ask, they ask you

• Advertisement

Hey, I'm not pulling the mickey! See for yourself and go to http://www.amp-test.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Why do you want to be a moderator?

Answer honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"An error occurred while attempting to log you out."

tekkit Karl.

Ah I see what happened, Karl Hungus got the URL wrong, it's:

http://www.amp-test.com

"An error occurred while attempting to log you out."

tekkit Karl.

Curses! Foiled again!

• Advertisement

i want to be able to do something useful on boards.ie besides browsing it and posting up messages. i want to able to close my own threads and give warnings to others that are causing an uproar in the boards community!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

So you want power.

i want to be able to do something useful on boards.ie besides browsing it and posting up messages. i want to able to close my own threads and give warnings to others that are causing an uproar in the boards community!

yeah that's a great reason :rolleyes:
    GIVE ME THE POWER!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

JafarAsGenie.gif

The Power! THE ABSOLUTE POWER! <EVIL LAUGH>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

If you've got a pretty good reputation and you have displayed knowledge of and interest in a particular subject, the admins might ask you to become mod of a forum dealing with that subject. There's no guaranteed way of becoming a mod though and tbh, it's not as wildly exciting as non-mods seem to imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I suppose you would be respected and have power :)
    I,d like to be a moderator in Fs mobiles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,547 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

simu wrote:
    If you've got a pretty good reputation and you have displayed knowledge of and interest in a particular subject, the admins might ask you to become mod of a forum dealing with that subject. There's no guaranteed way of becoming a mod though and tbh, it's not as wildly exciting as non-mods seem to imagine.

Well it only took 16 posts and 5 days to give the original poster a decent straightforward answer. Shame on the rest of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Actually, an appropriate response was the 2nd user, 6th post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

simu wrote:
    tbh, it's not as wildly exciting as non-mods seem to imagine.

What about the enormous paycheck?

Chicks dig mods.

Oh wait...I should contribute really....galwaydude18 there have been many posts by the admins on how they find and select moderators....a quick search would help....if you post alot, have displayed an interest in the forum being created (or in the case of mods leaving/demodded, the forum they're mod of) and are trustworthy then you might be asked to moderate.

Wanting to be a moderator for power is quite foolish, EVERYONE else must bow to the admins and as such being a moderator doesn't really gain you much power at all considering people can always report you if they feel you're doing a bad job.

Fobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

you couldnt pay me to be a mod....

actually, yes you could, i'm very poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I'd be a truly great Mod. *Smiles with a big grin, with hands on hips, in a fist shape* :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

your hips are shaped like a fist? bloody eck, I'd go to a doctor!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

erm.. no.. my hands were...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

simu wrote:

But how can a wookie be from endor?

Ahh tbh, always a mod, never a bridesmaid ........ :confused:

wait, what have i done wrong there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

i heard if you fu'ck a pig under an oak tree on the 3rd friday of every month for a year you become a mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It didn't work for me. I even sent the video to the admins to be sure.

Advertisement