Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COH Issue #3 is now active.

Options
  • 05-01-2005 6:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I'm off to Striga island. :)

Ok from what I have seen so far.

- Weird Ghost ships in Talos.
    - Giant octopus in Indepenance port
    - Huge war with the 5th and Council in Steel canyon near the hero corps store (funny enough the Council are getting seriously owned by the 5th).
    - Striga is nice. Reminds me a bit like some kinds of WWII games.
    - They changed how Fear works. So my spectral terror now gimps me.
    - Changed how a tank works now (you auto taunt on each attack against others).
    - My scrapper seems a heck of a lot easier to play.
    - Changed my rank to "Invincible" on one of my characters to test. proceeded to get owned at the entrance area of a mission. Killed one in before having to run. The XP gain was insane but I guess it would of taken hours to complete a mission I could do in 20 minutes. Changed it back again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

So no one try this yet?

Btw, I was amazed at how much the 5th wiped the floor with the Council. One Grendader took out a whole squadron of Council. Although there were easily 40-50 of them running around at any one time.

One thing I noted, the 5th is being removed due to the Nazi links and Germany complaining. But I was reading descriptions of some of the Council and one of them mentioned they are trained as Navy Seals. Which would be US forces? I am surprised no one is compliaining about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

buh? where'd you see 5th beating snot out of council? Must go and see that.

The Hero field analyst is great by the way, you default as hard boiled but if you change appellation you can make missions more difficult.

choices are:
    Normal
    equal level + more enemies
    Higher level (+2)
    higher level (+1) + more enemies
    higher level +2 and more enemies

forget what the titles are (fairly sure htose are in order though). I stupidly went for the last one.. levelled quickly but made some missions unplayable.

If it is still there, the fight was breaking out in front of the Freedom Corps Shop in Steel Canyon (just north of the tram station). It was also around the surrounding roads. If you were under level 20 and in the general area you were more likely a corpse.

Saw a few players who had transended as well floating around in Atlas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Was wondering if anyone would care, so I didnt post this yesterday :-D

Stinga is a masterpiece of a zone, the atmosphere is incredible.
    I have yet the see any of the zone specific events (boat, octopus or CW king)
    Kheldians are fun, if a little underpowered.
    Epic power pools are great for my controller anyway.

Em, no, the council are NOT replacing the 5th because they stood for nazism, this has been discussed many times, and it is NOT the reason.

The wars are going on in AP,SC,PI,Bricks to name a few. to get an idea of them (without getting hurt) the one in AP is in the very south-western corner. The wars are a very impressive sight I must say.

This issue is really just my filler until issue 4, "collesium" , PvP and out of combat system, I drool at the thought :-D

Some other things.

Moved my lvl24 scrapper up a level in rank. Got 5 dots from one mission (and it wasn't painfully slow).

All the magic shops appear to be having some weird fog effects around them. I have no idea why.

Taunt (on a tank) power is now a super taunt (learnt it the hard way). Instead of taunting one person it taunts the lot of them. Not very funny doing it at a group of 15 mobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Also hobbes, you should note, you now have an inherant provoke in EACH of your attacks, not just a taunt, so basically if you puch a guy, it does damage and sends out an AOE provoke (although not of the radius of taunt or provoke) ;)

Advertisement