Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rarest/most desirable game you own?

Options
  • 05-01-2005 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Time to brag. I finally got a copy of Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn - (50euro from a friend of a friend). It's in perfect condition and taking pride of place in my collection right now.

I've also got Castlevania: SoTN, Suikoden I and II, Star Ocean 2 (PAL) and 2 copies of Terranigma (PAL) - one for playing and one for keeping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

One for playing and one for keeping???!!! Someone likes his computer games way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

50 Euro for a Saturn game? are u mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have Ico on the PS2... does that count?

I didn't get a console until the Dreamcast came out... up on till then I had home computers... Cassette tape and Floppy disk based games don't really become collectors items though, do they?

I do have some game cartridges for the Commodore Vic 20 which I'm sure are pretty rare... but highly undesirable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭strangeloop

Wing commander kilrathi saga in mint condition for a fiver in gamezone....the only bargain I ever got in that place. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

elvis2002 wrote:

You could look at it that way, or you could look at it as being 50euro for one of the best games ever made - 10euro less than most of the dross being released these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

You could look at it that way, or you could look at it as being 50euro for one of the best games ever made - 10euro less than most of the dross being released these days.

Or you could look at how much it regularly sells for on eBay :rolleyes:

Nice to see some people still value and enjoy superlative schmups. Just got one of these NAMCO plug-n-play TV-pluggable joysticks as a stocking filler - can't get me off Galaxian since ;) .

Rarest game I ever had (have since sold my collection :( ) was probably Wario on Virtual Boy. Rarest piece of kit I ever had was probably my Gameboy Pocket Light (built-in Indiglo-type backlighting).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have the original Parasite Eve for PS1 (NTSC) was hard to get at the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I might have to get the digital camera out to boast :)

I have an american version of Suikoden 1 and the even more desirable PAL version of Suikoden 2. Also have the american version of Einhander and PAL Vandal Hearts.

I also have extremely rare promo copies of the PAL versions of Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Vandal Hearts 2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta. These are rare enough as it is but the promo versions even more so.

And I've, eh, played Radiant Silvergun and Panzer Dragoon Saga/Azel in 'unsellable' format.

Can't think of any more at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Desert+Jungle Strike
    Bomberman
    Sonic
    Road Rash 1+2
    Streats of Rage

My Faverate Game is still CnC i just cant decide which 1 is best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

We still have all our consoles at home except MegaDrive. Not sure about rare games, but hey, what's a 3DO worth these days?? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Ikaruga on the Dreamcast.
    Rez with Trans Vibrator

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also have two copies of the original release of Xenogears. One is in perfect working order and the other works after I sent it to be cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

valkyire profile, wild arms 1, parasite eve, shenmue 2 (dc, pal), bangai-o (pal), r-type delta (pal), lunar 2 eternal blue, raycrisis (pal), x-com tftd(try find that on the playstation these days).

I've the eternal blue special edition (without pendant though :( )

Not bad for a game that goes for $200+ on ebay. Lucky bastid.

Was Star Ocean 2 released in PAL? I have an NTSC copy. They seem to be common as muck. Every second hand game store in New York had at least 2 copies when I was there 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Copy of Soldier of Fortune signed by all the Dev team.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Was Star Ocean 2 released in PAL? I have an NTSC copy. They seem to be common as muck. Every second hand game store in New York had at least 2 copies when I was there 2 years ago.

Yeah, I've got the PAL version. I got it the week it came out and honestly haven't seen it for sale anywhere since. I remember hearing at the time that something like 6000 copies were pressed, but don;t know how true it is.

It does seem to exist and seems to be quite a rarity more so than radiant silvergun or Panzer Dragoon Saga. I never knew it existed. Never seen a review of it. A nice little find for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

At the moment it's rare - and it's certainly desireable!

Ridge Racers :)

In other news, Ecco the Dolphin is sitting in my Game Gear - at the start instead of the obligatory 90's "SEGAAA" - you see the Sega logo and instead of the voices singing you hear Dolphins Singing!

• Advertisement

Get out of here with your new school crap. Its like Linkin Park to us old foggies :)

Don't think Ecco is all that rare for the Game Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Unfortunately I don't own any rarities. Though Ikaruga for GC is proving a nightmare to get a hold of, may have to nab the JP version from play-asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

The typing of the Dead... PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

erm... an american copy of Half-Life 2 with the lovely Alyx looking back at me from the cover.
    all you plebs have beardy Freeman on yours :cool:

oh yeah. and i seem to be the only person on boards with a legit copy of viewtiful joe 2 (and i'm not even bothering to play it :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Plenty of games ut not too many rare ones. First and centre would be Streets of Rage 3 on the Megadrive. Apparently that is quite rare. Also have Shenmue 2 for DC and Grandia 2 which go for reasonable dosh these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

tallpaul wrote:
    ...Grandia 2 which go for reasonable dosh these days...

$9 on Ebay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

Pirates! for the Apple //c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Secret of Mana boxed for the Snes or Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Saturn. I've also got my Atari2600 floatin about at home, boxed with Adventure dont know what thats worth though.

Oh I also saw a Virtual Boy For Sale in Glasgow when I was home for Chrimbo, £180. Very nearly spent the new year party funds on it so I could make a killing on it on Ebay.

Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Saturn

I don't even want to know how much you paid for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh yes... I have The Great Giana Sisters for the C64... I think Nintendo forced them to remove that from the shelves as it was really just a clone of Super Mario Bros.

Advertisement