Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rarest/most desirable game you own?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Come to think of it, I have an original large box version of System Shock 2. The game is not all that rare mind, but seems to be one people always have trouble finding.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Frontier: First Encounters on 3x 3.5" floppies from Smyth's for a fiver a few years back.
    SHould've backed up the floppies, they got corrupted :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Oh yes... I have The Great Giana Sisters for the C64... I think Nintendo forced them to remove that from the shelves as it was really just a clone of Super Mario Bros.

wow there's a blast from the past, have that at home somewhere on the a 51/4" C64 floppy, what a great game!!!lots of frustratingly happy memories.

Well thats work out the window for me today time to go to google :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 proevmaster

Its not especially rare but ive got a copy of the original Resident Evil Directors Cut which is a fav of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

I actually got Panzer Dragoon with the Saturn I got off a mate who used to work in Electronics Boutique in the UK so were going back a few years here, It only seems to have got uber expensive in the last 5yrs or so. Word to the wise the Saturn is deffo going to become the next big retro console, its got so many classic games on it eg Silvergun et al and it got so totally obliterated by the PSX that its got an inherent cool factor to it.

Anyway, two games I do possess and the price seems to be rising for all the time are System Shock 2 and Planescape Torment. I lost, and then found, one of the discs for Planescape so I thought, ah I'll just pick up a replacement for a few quid on Ebay. Crazy prices, £30 easy second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Right, if SNES RPGs are rare these days, then I have boxed w/ instruction booklets (US NTSC):

Secret of Mana
    Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy III (VI)
    Soul Blazer
    Illusion of Gaia
    Legend of Zelda
    (I'm sure there's others but that would require digging through the box of SNES games hehe)

Still have my Game Gear too, with the Master Gear convertor with Psycho Fox and Shadow of the Beast (Master System).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

I'd love to have Radiant Silvergun. That was a very good price for it. I have Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn. I don't know how rare the japanese Capcom fighting games are for the Saturn but I have the whole bunch - X-Men vs SF, Marvel vs SF, Pocket Fighter, Vampire Saviour etc. A lot of Saturn and Dreamcast games which wouldn't thrill most people but aren't that easy to track down. A lot of original Neo Geo Pocket games too.

But no Radiant Silvergun...

Dogg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Grim Fandango is hard to get hold of.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Still Got Dukenukem box n all..kinda old..threw out all my old speccy/c64 games only a year or so ago.not the right place but found a load of old 2000ad comics in my attic yesterday all progs from 1976/77 probably worth something to some1

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

elvis2002 wrote:
    Quite a few branches of GAME have it for 14.99, it's on one of the budget ranges.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

i have a boxed system shock 2 also :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

i got Panzer Dragoon Saga somewhere...excellent game!

ive also got both shenmues for DC which i would have thought it becoming more worth something since my mate traded it in about..4 years ago and got £10 more than any other trade in :eek:

(this was number 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

elvis2002 wrote:

€6.99 in game on dawson st on lucasarts classics range. i have it :D

i have Zelda for the NES, also about 12 other games. dunno if they are rare but ive been tryin to track down snake rattle and roll for ages.

Rex Nebular And the Cosmic Gender Bender is mine, at long last. Played it 12 years ago, just recently became re-acquainted with it. Hours of fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

i have Zelda for the NES, also about 12 other games. dunno if they are rare but ive been tryin to track down snake rattle and roll for ages.

Still have Zelda & Link on NES, mmmm shiny plastic gold/silver cartridges. I'd have to check but I think we have Snake, Rattle & Roll too. My brother tried to throw out Robbie the Robot recently, I nearly killed him. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i had totally forgot about my big box copy of freespace 2. the fanbois would pay big moneh on ebay fori but there aint a hope in hell of me selling one of the best games ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I dont know if theyre rare or desireable, but i still have boxed, mint condition original copies of:

Populous 1
    Pirates!
    New zealand story
    Street fighter 2
    Gods
    Zak mccracken & the alien mindbenders
    Indiana jones & the last crusade (adventure, not action game)
    Last ninja 2
    Another world
    Shenmue 1
    Virtua fuighter kids

Bloody hundreds more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I own a copy of the PAL version of Street Fighter 3: Third Strike for the Dreamcast. Used to have X-Men vs Street Fighter for the PSOne, but unfortunately it's gone now :(

Also have Ultima collection and Ultima 8: Pagan for the PC, both boxed with all the accessories and in mint condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Creature wrote:
    Used to have X-Men vs Street Fighter for the PSOne, but unfortunately it's gone now :(

lol i used to love the intro to that game..X MEN VERSUS STREET FIGHTER!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

A couple of games on the PC Engine like GunHed, Shinobi, New Zeland Story, Ninja Warriors etc. which I'm sure are hard enough to get hold of (seeing as it was never released here).

I have the PAL version fo Rez for the DC and also the Samab De Amigo boxset which I bought off Dreamareana. I never saw one in the shops.

I also have a ton of games for the Commodore 16 :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have the PAL version fo Rez for the DC and also the Samab De Amigo boxset which I bought off Dreamareana. I never saw one in the shops.

If you've got the maraccas its worth a mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

I got
    PS1: Suikoden 1/2
    Vandal Hearts 1/2
    Granstream Saga
    Star Ocean 2 (pal)
    Xenogears (us)
    Final Fantasy Tactics (us)

SNES: Secret of mana
    Cybernator

Dreamcast:
    Skies Of Arcadia (Not sure if this is rare)

PS2: Xenosaga (us)
    Suikoden 3 (us)

Xbox:
    Steel Battalion: line of contact (With Controller)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

why wouldnt we believe? if you lied it would be pathetic anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Retr0gamer wrote:
    If you've got the maraccas its worth a mint.

Yep :D Still got all the packaging that it came in too. I often see it on eBay going for a bit alright. What a great game and the ability to download old Sega tunes onto your VMU was class (afterburner rocks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

How about the original Pac Man and Space Invaders for the atari?
    and some game about fighting tooth decay, it was genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Eliza on cassette for the TRS-80
    pretty crap, but also pretty rare I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Don't have much of the stuff i used to have, but 'had' a neogeo AES jap system with kof98, kof2000, samurai shodown 2 and the jap (less rare but still worth nearly 800 quid) metal slug 1.

Then i needed money and sold the lot together with the NG pocket and various games i had for that.

Advertisement