Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procedure for insurance

Options
  • 05-01-2005 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but i will ask anyway. Has anyone out there dealt with claiming mobile phone insurance from the carphone warehouse?? I recently dropped my phone from quite a large height and lets say it doesnt work any more! I bought the phone for 269 or 259 and i got the insurance cover as well. I was just wondering do i have to go to the car phone warehouse or the insurance company and do i get the same phone again or do i get to choose, or even what is the value of the insurance is it the phones value when i bought it or its current value.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

normally when you take up the insurance you get the insurance info either on site at the shop or by post.
    if you have this, then have a look at it, it should have contact info for the insurance company on it, if you do not have this, then go to Cardphone warehouse and ask them for the procedure to claim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You must go to the Carphone Warehouse, send your phone in to be looked at by an engineer to get a report it can't be fixed (will takes AGES...c 3 weeks at the mo)
    Once it's back, you fill out a claim form, it's rung through and you hopefully walk away with the new phone after paying the excess on the claim (e35).
    That's it!

Sorry forgot this, the phone you get will be the same one if it is still available, if not, the phone closest to it, like let's say you had a bluetooth phone with camera you'd get one of them again etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

...Although I am sure if you offered to take a lower value phone they would oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

had cover from cpw before and they were very bad and slow
    to process the claim shop lost the first claim form and did not care.
    And this was for a stolen phone.In the end had to get on
    to there hq in England to sort it out 6 wks later.

• Advertisement

No, not necessarily. If you have your eye on a particular phone, mention it before they ring the claim through as it can't be changed once the claim has been approved, whether the one you want is cheaper or more expensive than the one which was approved. You can't 'pay the difference' between the phone you're given and let's say a 6230 or whatever...
    And it's really up to you to make sure your insurance claim is taken care of. They lost mine too and I just kept ringing them and filled out another and I got it soon enough after that. Claims can be dealt with very quickly if the claim lends itself to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Ok well I popped into the shop yesterday and they told me i have no choice in the phone i will get. I dont understand i have had nothing but trouble with this phone (v300) i hardly want this back again. I thought maybe its just my phone but then i hear of other people have had trouble with it. Anyone out there have trouble with a v300???

Advertisement