Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandwidth needed in Limerick

• 05-01-2005 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

I look after the IT operations of a very small (but very ambitious) call centre in Limerick. They want to transition to VoIP ASAP (probably something to do with < € 0.03 / minute calls to most of the world). They've currently got a bog-standard 512/128 Kbs ADSL line from Eircom, but obviously that'll have to increase if they want to run 10+ concurrent voice calls.

I phoned up Eircom and guess what, the line cannot be upgraded past 512/128! Since Esat are only glorified Eircom resellers, I don't expect to hear anything different from them. Any other ideas on where I can get decent bandwidth in Limerick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Well, satellite is pretty much useless. So you can either get in touch with a manager in eircom, and see what they can do for you, or you can get in touch with any local wireless providers.

If you can't get either of those options, then you're only remaining choice is a leased line, but that'd be VERY expensive, and probably not worth it. But thats for you to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Esat might have started to offer SDSL services out of their unbundled exchanges by now. Smart Telecom are going to be doing the same in the next few months. Alternatively, you could look at Leap wireless who cover Limerick. All will serve your needs.

Advertisement