Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

yeah, i know so many of the questions here are inre: PAL/NTSC but heres another.

• 05-01-2005 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

does it affect MiniDV as seriously as it affected other standards int he past? can it be easily overcome? will FCP be able to change it? will i be able to use 'AV in' on my TV?

ebay is tempting me with cheap cams.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Your signature is in bad taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Of sourse it affects Mni DV as badly as other systems. It's a different frame rate. It's not like it's a problem with certain video stock, it's a standard. NTSC runs at 29.97 Non-Drop Frame, or 29.97 Drop Frame. Pal runs at 25 Frame per second .As a result of this television in europe will display the images but all the colours will look odd. You can play back on your Camera all you want, and edit on FCP. But when it comes to export you may have problems. My Edit suite has a built in Time Base corrector. I'm sure FCP has something similar. Have a look in the export options.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Oh and I agree your sig is in bad taste. But technically not breaking the charter. I wouldn't have noticed only it was pointed out. I have sigs off thank god.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

That sig is a snippet from an open letter (or something) about tax on ciggies... I don't think it's in poor taste, but then I've seen it in its proper context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I wonder if the original poster saw Anatomy for Beginners on Channel 4 tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement