Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars Beta This weekend.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Hehe, I was just about to go searching for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Right, was just playing there now. Downloading next area.

I went for the RPG style character first. Neeka Naraic, Monk/Mesmer.

I must say I'm pretty happy so far. Its interface is alot like COH but its a hack'n'slash style game, with plenty of interesting powers to keep me involved. Combat is very simple to get involved in and so far, very easy.
    Looking forward to trying out the PvP arenas, will get around to that in a few minutes/hours, having too much fun already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

PvP is where it's at :P When it goes live the guild PvPs will be pretty darn cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 staxx

Do you know if you have a copy of the pre release can you play all the time as opposed to just the first weekend of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well, the random style PvP it was very annoying.

Dont get me wrong, the PvP was great. Highly enjoyable, but there is a huge element of strategy involved, however unlike games like Quake or to a lesser extent Counterstrike, you cant get away with just being really good and the rest of your team being ****e, for obvious reasons.

When your pummelling a warrior/ranger who has his teammate monk healing him faster than you can do damage, while at the same time he is disrupting your attempts to heal yourself, well it just isnt pretty.

Co-ordination is key, which is why I have to agree with you, Drakar.

PvP was very enjoyable, but the premade characters were pretty disappointing.
    In order to be truly effective in pk you would have to level up your own character and pick the most important skills.

• Advertisement
Advertisement