Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATX PSU - Problem with Power Good line!

Options
  • 05-01-2005 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Right, not really sure if this is the right place for this but feck it anyway :D
    i recently got a new motherboard ( Epox EP-8RDA6+ Pro fer all ye nerds :P ). i'm having a slight problem. my current PSU ( a 400w Q-TEC ) is NOT asserting the correct voltage on the power good line, and the result is that the motherboard WILL NOT POST in any way.

My question is can i mod the PSU to always assert a power good signal? the power good line is the grey one on the ATX connectors. i really dont want to have to buy another PSU as i know that one i have has plenty of power to supply.

from a quick google :
    Power Good / Power Fail
    Signal

When power is turned on, the power good signal will go high 100-500ms after all output DC voltges are within regulation limits.
    When power fails, the power good signal will go low at least 1ms before any of the output voltages fall below the regulation limits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It involves opening the psu and adjusting a pot or something similiar, you'll need to google for your PSU and see if their is something there that can be adjusted.

Personally I'd do away with the Q-Tec, A good branded 350W is far superior to that 400W. What is this PSU powering? I remember a friends Q-Tec 400W, it couldnt power a XP 2600+ properly. Everything was fine until he put on Far Cry. 5 mins later the PC would cut out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yep dump the qtec and buy a cheap good brand psu, its not worth fiddlin with a qtec

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

heh, if you're willing to give it a shot and it works more power to you! Personally I'd ditch it and get something more reliable

Advertisement