Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GLXII Sign-up

• 05-01-2005 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.room101.org/comments.asp?item=275

I've signed up a few of ye already, if you can't make it, just remove your name from the list.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

good work john. OK. ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

umm GLXII = Galwaylan 12 not Galwaylan 11...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    umm GLXII = Galwaylan 12 not Galwaylan 11...

Yeah, sorry, I copied and pasted the old one, edited a few details and room101 crapped out on me, submitted the post but didn't use any of the changes I'd made, so I must've missed that edit on the repeat.

Tis fix0red now.

whining, kick/ban/sondomise etc

alienware+gamestop ads r borked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Do you still want the money payed into the bank a week in advance due to the little problems at the last lan?

Yeah, at least a week in advance.

Caliden wrote:
    whining, kick/ban/sondomise etc

alienware+gamestop ads r borked
    as in "[AD-SIZE]" ??

I'm getting that in both Firefox and IE6, though I've only got Spybot installed. Spose it must be blocking ads in IE.

I'm getting that ADSIZE thing as well, Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

hopfully i can go to lan :) i signed up and will pay in the bank later on,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Aye, if I am still and your LAN worth the LAN'ing.

I might bring quetzal with me this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

anyone going to be driving down from dublin for this?
    Have a 21st to goto on the friday but twud be handy to get the server down, its 35Kg

Talk to Sniipe.

He has a car.
    And is ensconced in the Pale.

SyxPak wrote:
    Talk to Sniipe.

He has a car.
    And is ensconced in the Pale.

Sniipe has a car now?!?

The one he used to drive us to Cleggan lans was his Dad's...maybe he's bought one since though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

*tch* Can't believe you forgot my name John, Shame on you! Now I'll have to wait on the waiting list!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'm encapsulated in the pale, I've no bloody car... rumors... Dad's car tbh. The anno gonna provide us with more space??? w'an squeeze a few more in. I can't believe there are so many regulars on the waiting list.

Sniipe wrote:
    I'm encapsulated in the pale, I've no bloody car... rumors... Dad's car tbh. The anno gonna provide us with more space??? w'an squeeze a few more in. I can't believe there are so many regulars on the waiting list.
    Yes I agree, down with this sort of thing, regulars should be given priority not a feckin' waiting list! :(

Sniipe wrote:
    The anno gonna provide us with more space??? w'an squeeze a few more in. I can't believe there are so many regulars on the waiting list.

The anno's a small place I'm afraid...

I think the problem with regulars is : who are regulars?

The only people who've been consistently to near every lan are: Syxpak, Drake, the two roscommoners, Demeantor, Robbo, everyone else who wants a special prize, Doodee...possibly Cyan.

Are regulars people who've been to 3 or more galwaylans? If you have a look on the attendee list you'll see that most of the people on the list have been to at least 2 galwaylans before...so where do you draw the line?

Fobia.

P.S. umm we should really get to organising tournis and stuff....I'd like to see more regular playing than tournis at this one...generally it's just counterstrike and bf, then warmup for tournis, tournis, cs and bf again. I know the time schedule has been discusssed and turned down before, but how about guidelines or summit...like everyone who has a remote interest in game A will play, but if they hate it / don't have it they can leech or play game B....or something :)

Have you ever been to a GameCon?

Fobia wrote:

The only people who've been consistently to near every lan are: Syxpak, Drake, the two roscommoners, Doodee...possibly Cyan.

Are regulars people who've been to 3 or more galwaylans? If you have a look on the attendee list you'll see that most of the people on the list have been to at least 2 galwaylans before...so where do you draw the line?

Fobia.

P.S. umm we should really get to organising tournis and stuff....I'd like to see more regular playing than tournis at this one...generally it's just counterstrike and bf, then warmup for tournis, tournis, cs and bf again. I know the time schedule has been discusssed and turned down before, but how about guidelines or summit...like everyone who has a remote interest in game A will play, but if they hate it / don't have it they can leech or play game B....or something :)

I've been to every single Galway lan so far bar one, the one after LC mocklast year, which I was too damn lazy to go to. So I think I'd consider myself a regular...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fobia wrote:
    I've been to at least 6, where's my special prize?

I can trace the evolution of GalwayLanMan (Homo Catfiveicus).

Jaysus there's some fast responding.

Fine I've edited my post to put ye in, if there's anyone else who's been to loads of them then add them in in your heads....it was the point of line drawing that I was trying to get across.....am I a regular?

Guess it's up to Syx to decide but we all know he's busy asking me if I've ever been to a Gamecon (no) and is unable to comment on the subject at hand :)

I hear Quake is sht.

Oh, and your not a regular.

more than you que and i know im not a regular so neither are you, UNLUCKY!! :p

Lads, stfu.

There are no "Regulars".

There are attendees.
    It's first-come, first-served, just like any other event.

As none of ye seem to check your email, I can't be sure that anyone I sign-up in advance actually knows they're signed up.
    Plus it's not fair.

I will not get into a discussion of what constitutes being a GL regular, as it hurst my head - and when something hurts my head I lash out at those around me.

Your own inate sense of self-preservation should stop you talking about such frivolous and ultimately pointless shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Fobia wrote:

The only people who've been consistently to near every lan are: Syxpak, Drake, the two roscommoners, Demeantor, Robbo, everyone else who wants a special prize, Doodee...possibly Cyan.

Its not the size of the boat.

Fobia, just curious, you ever been to an anno lan?

The way it stands is we have 2 rooms in the hotel. The large basement room and the pizza room. now we have had lands in these rooms before with about 30people in the basement and another where there were 23 attendees in the pizza room. space isn't the issue providing you dont bring everything and your bed knobs.

IMO the Hotel is handy, cause it provides a Pub and bar food, its a well known location for any deliveries, and its also close to Salthill. Oh, and theres the Mahers shop half way up the hill (3min walk).

am.....
    /me gets disinterested and goes for a viggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

:D hello :)

Doodee wrote:
    providing you dont bring everything and your bed knobs.
    The big DeLL box WASN'T THAT BAD! :D

• Advertisement

Doodee wrote:
    Fobia, just curious, you ever been to an anno lan?

Nope, I was just trying to figure out who's a "regular" and who's not...

Don't bother.

It doesn't mean anything any more.

Just got off the phone with Emer, I'll be picking up some stuff next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Eye Heart Teh Emer!!!!

Means somethign to me..

' n a m e : a l a n '
    ' s t a t u s : r e g u l a r '

oooooohhhhhh, YEAH.

Advertisement