Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB -- Problem!!

• 05-01-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have noticed on one or two occasions, while surfing the net with IOLBB recently ..it just cuts off.....(was pretty bad over xmas for going off for up to an hour, but seems better now)

I reboot my modem a couple of times, and it comes back on and stays...

Has anyone else had drop outs, while using IOLBB?

NetBeatz

P.S. does anyone have the Tech support number for IOLBB?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Yes this is a VERY annoying problem I have found. Especially if you start downloading heavily, the DSL sync light goes out, and I end up having to shut down my computer before the sync will come back. It's incredibly annoying and it will certainly be the reason for me scrapping their free trial at the end of 3 months. I found the problem is worse if the modem is switched off and let cool down (overnight, for example) and it takes a few days before it goes back to "normal". So I just leave the modem on constantly. Generally, picking up the phoneline knocks out the broadband instantly, if the modem is acting up, and you can hear a screech noise on the line, even though all of the microfilters are correctly in place.

I guess the IOL modems are just crap :rolleyes:
    (Mine is the ZyXEL Prestige 600 for reference)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Aye, I get randomly disconnected, I haven't gotten a steady connection for more than 24 hours since before Christmas.

I'm trying to fool myself into believing this is "always on", stop shattering my dreams IOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Just spoke to IOL tech..

They know nothing about any problems...apparently i was the first to report this...i find that hard to believe.

They told me it is probably my Zoom Modem / router..get it replaced!!!

lol

Netz

GRRRR...This dropping is driving me nutz...

Was fine for ages...until today...

Same here, mines been going haywire ever since yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Are you all in the same area. Maybe they have a faulty DSL exchange(s).

Well I'm in West Dublin area (Dublin 6w) near Templeogue

Waterford Here....

Think its time that anyone with probs called 1890-923-111

apparently...i was the first caller who had this prob.. :p

Just seen on the official boards...lots have the same problem and called.....

think its time IOL got a wake up call from us all....

Netz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

It's incredibly annoying and it will certainly be the reason for me scrapping their free trial at the end of 3 months.

Don't forget, it's only 3 months if you sign up for 1 year otherwise it's 2.

Advertisement