Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions for Carnival 2005

• 05-01-2005 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

just wondiering if anyone has any ideas on where the best place to watch the carnival thing on saturday night might be,...for those who dont have tickets. it seems most people are pretty bewildered about the ticket situation but I know i dont have one so lim ooking for alternative viewing points :)...

i know the metropol have a large room which looks onto the quays but i doubt thatll be open and even if it is id prefer to be outdoors...any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

best place to be is at home watching it on TV. I hope it pisses rain! PISSES! Metropole would be a good spot, except for the fact that it'll be packet out to the doors & beyond. Same goes for everywhere within a few miles radius of the city centre. Do yourself a favour, stay at home. Or come up to my place and sit on the roof, I've got a kick-ass view of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

rymus wrote:
    I hope it pisses rain! PISSES! .

I just had to laugh out loud at that! :D

I might be gettin a mate to smuggle me in to the second floor/roof of a certain premises on patrick quay so heres to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The interesting thing is that I hadn't heard about this carnival celebration until I heard on the TV that all the tickets were sold out. Great eh?

same here dudara. Well, a mate text me around new years and asked if I was going. I was up in Sligo for a week and didnt even know about the existance of tickets. I was pondering on using some contacts to try and get me a press pass for the event but I really couldnt be bothered. I'll watch it on telly in the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

hmm not really being filled with any sense of enthusiasm about this whole street carnival thing...fair enoug the ticket allocation was a mess which put an initial dampner on things and the weather isnt looking too great either (dark clouds rolling past as i write :) but im up for a good weekend...sure how bad can a fireworks show organised by a load of people from Waterford go....?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I reckon either Patrick's Hill or up in Sundays Well in the car park of that church by the college of music. Although I doubt I'll bother, since the Where's Me Culture party sounds much more interesting - if I'd been able to get a ticket for the carnival I might have a different opinion, but so far it's looking like a farcically-organised load of nonsense. Nonetheless, I bet it'll be hailed as a success in the press, further annoying the crap out of people in Cork who'd quite like to enjoy the capital of culture thing, except for that whole getting-left-out-of-it aspect....

Theres no point saying "ohh well X, Y or Z spot might be good to watch the show from" cos if you've thought of it, so have thousands of other people that are going to hopelessly attempt to get as close to the city centre as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

This is the first I've heard of tickets. Buttt... I wouldn't be in attendance anyway (CULTURE, afterall, is for Americans doing the tour of 'Eurp').

Advertisement