Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth buying a new Graphics card?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

ya i think a lot of people with top spec machines now don’t want to fall to much behind anyone else if some new hardware comes out, even if there machine is fine for what they use it for. It’s just an addiction to wanting to have/test new hardware in your machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

it is indeed..and my uni loan cant keep up..i could always get a job but then id lose precious time with my even faster pc :p

gline lets be fair here..theres only an FX-55 and SLI above you really.:p..i have...lots of potential to upgrade.. :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

I can send a few games your gline that will make even your pc crawal at those settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Azza wrote:
    I can send a few games your gline that will make even your pc crawal at those settings.

Is DoomIII not the most Graphic Intensive Game at the minute?

Try the flight sim series Lock on Modern Air Combat and the IL2 Series. They don't look as good as fps shooters of course but then again they have to generate vaste area's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Azza wrote:
    Try the flight sim series Lock on Modern Air Combat and the IL2 Series. They don't look as good as fps shooters of course but then again they have to generate vaste area's.
    Yeh Flight Sim 2004 with everything up full @ 1600x1200 eats the cpu power and gpu, but i can still get 50-70fps and i have new parts to go in my pc to help me oc my x800 more, LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Azza wrote:
    what games we talkin about?? i play all my games at 1600x1200 with AA and AF if available

Flight Sim 2004 is actually fairly easy on a system. The other 2 sims really tough.

Advertisement