Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadkill

• 05-01-2005 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I wasn't sure wether I should make this a thread or not but anyway...

About 2 hours ago I received the horrible news that my cat had been killed by a car. A very kind elderly lady stopped and picked her up. She had the presence of mind to check the collar for identification and rang me for my address so she could drop her off. When she gave her to me I was in too much of a bad state to ask her for her address or telephone number however I really wish I had now as it allowed me to mourn for (what had become) my close friend. I would have liked to send a card or at least thank the lady properly over the phone. I just wanted to say that I think if someone sees a dead pet at the side of the road or even knocks a domestic animal down themselves that it really means a lot to whoever the owner is to get the body back. I know I'll definitely stop and do the same in the future.

If anyone's mum/gran/aunt etc picked up a cat tonight tell them thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

sorry bout your cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Sorry to hear it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hate to ask

Is it the same cat??
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=214928

Did someone hack into your account again??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

bubby wrote:
    Hate to ask

Is it the same cat??
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=214928

Did someone hack into your account again??

i was just thinking the same thing.....

anyways sorry about the cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I wasn't sure wether I should make this a thread or not but anyway...

About 2 hours ago I received the horrible news that my cat had been killed by a car. A very kind elderly lady stopped and picked her up. She had the presence of mind to check the collar for identification and rang me for my address so she could drop her off. When she gave her to me I was in too much of a bad state to ask her for her address or telephone number however I really wish I had now as it allowed me to mourn for (what had become) my close friend. I would have liked to send a card or at least thank the lady properly over the phone. I just wanted to say that I think if someone sees a dead pet at the side of the road or even knocks a domestic animal down themselves that it really means a lot to whoever the owner is to get the body back. I know I'll definitely stop and do the same in the future.

If anyone's mum/gran/aunt etc picked up a cat tonight tell them thank you.

The exact same thing has happened to me twice. The second time, I was on holiday when I received a phone call. The man asked me if the name Meg would mean anything to me, I said yes, I have a cat named Meg. Clearly distraught, he then told me that she'd ran straight out in front of his car and there was nothing he could do... I got very upset and he said that he was a cat owner himself and was very sorry. Much as I was upset it was comforting to me that somebody cared enough to stop and check the cat for I.D.

The previous time, the person who ran over my other cat just kept driving, it was the person behind them that stopped to check if the cat was alright.

It's a horrible phonecall to get, but I've also found one or two of my cats on the road, almost unrecognisable because they were so badly injured, and that was much harder for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have yet to let my two out. I've an almost 2 year old cat (with one eye, long story and reluctant to let her out due to sight). Other can is getting spayed next week. The plan was to keep them in until the kitten got spayed.

I be in the same boat from 2 weeks onwards. I don't expect the one eyed cat to go too far .. I'd prefer her to have a short and happy life than a long and miserable one cooped up in my house (she really is an outdoor cat).

Unfortunately, there are people out there who don't give a *h*t .. sure they're knocking over humans and not stopping .. not to mind animals.

Some people don't have the decency in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I have two cats bubby, well, one now that she passed away. That thread wasn't me and have no idea who started it.

I just buried her a few hours back in the long grass she always liked to jump around in, it was much harder than I thought it would be; seeing her all stiff and cold really hurt.

Advertisement