Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako Finnfire Range-Update

Options
  • 05-01-2005 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Happy new year to all...hope Christmas went with a bang for you all!

Anyway...took posession of the Sako (couldn't be told!!!) before Xmas.....fitted a Leupold 6.5x20x50 to it on some very poor mounts....have a decent set of Sako Optilok mounts on order...

So...took it to the range to set it up....and was pretty happy with it. Despite conditions not being great it grouped well.

Took it home and lightened trigger weight to minimum....breaking crisply at 2lbs now.....fired it at the range last week at 50m BR targets....putting in 225s and a 230 using Lapua standard club....so not bad for an out of the box sporting gun.....could have been higher.....if i just relaxed and took my time....might start a new trend...rapidfire BR....any takers???? :)

Vinnie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Vinniew-how have you been getting on with it since.Its one of the models on my 'to view' list.(see other thread 22 recommdations) Is the Varmint version available in Ireland ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

It's been fine......haven't spent a whole lot of time over the holidays on decent practice but I'm more than happy with it + I've found a new toy to concentrate on..... license dependent of course.... ;-)

Points to note are....
    Cleaning: Rods may not be the best way to go as the ejector spring would be prone to damage....I'm using the tactical rifle cleaning kit from Southern Gun Supply. Alternatively use a bore guide.

Ammo: Be wary of rounds that are coated in proctective wax as this can get everywhere and be a real PIA to clean off....
    Oh...and buy SAKO mounts for your optics.........a bit more expensive but worth it imho.
    The Varmit version IS available here!

Advertisement