Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jap Auction Sites - Your Input Needed Pls

Options
  • 05-01-2005 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know this subject has probably been done to death, but i wouldnt mind doing it again :)

I have been looking at one or two auctions sites, http://www.ibcjapan.co.jp in particular.

Just looking for some info on who has personaly used these or any similar sites, which ones and ur experiances.

Is it worth the hassle, how long does it take to be shipped, how long did you spend looking at the auctions and most importantly is there savings to made. Obviosly there is otherwise why would anyone import for a living, but would the savings be as much as the seem, eg 97 glanza's going for up €9k (and more) if u believe some of the adds online and in buy and sell, but it would look like you could get one in for as little as €6k with vrt and vat paid?

Even if any can point me to a different irish forum that might touch off this subject better it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for anyone can help me out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

check here

you really need to have agent there. Seen two recent imports and both were crushed repaired. Paint job was top quality but it was done before.
    Pictures do not show this things.

Generally cars are in good condition with low mileage but I would buy japo which was imported to UK. Less paper work and many people keep them spotless or you can just check few place in Dublin docks,

you will pay bit extra but at least you will see the car.

jap auctions is worst then ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

hes rite many things can go wrong ive heard a fair proportion of them are stolen in japan. it is easy for some dubious japs to make up paperwork for these. if it turns out ur motor is stolen u will lose title to it. remember this is where the yakoza come from the jap mafia and this is a significant part of their business.

id stay away if i was u. plenty of bargains here to be had and u probably dont want to be driving some bastardized car anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Right, as regards IBC, here is my experience with them.
    My friend got an rx7 - 1992 off them. It broke down (blown engine) on the way from the docks on the day he picked it up.
    He got a guy in Bray to rebuild the engine , which cost a couple of grand. It failed its nct due to millions of wires exposed around the engine bay.
    The car is sorted now, but IBC are supposed to check the car over before its sold (and a sick rx7 engine is noticeable). He got on to them, and they said tough luck.
    He is pursuing them through the courts at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gniie

IBC Japan is great if you are lucky to get a good car. But i have serious problems at the moment with my import from them and I'm considering taken them to court as they are not taken responsability. As above they are just saying "tough luck".
    Showers of.......
    Never again!!!!!!

Advertisement