Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Mourinho stay if he is successful at Chelsea this year?

• 05-01-2005 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Given the way Mourinho left Porto after he said he had won everything with them, does anybody think he would do the same if he wins the league and/or CL with Chelsea this year or the next?
    The guy seems to be very motivated by success but not at the same place over & over again and if he gets it at Chelsea, I could see him moving again to possibly another league (maybe Italy) to try and be successful there.
    Does anybody else think the same or am I just hoping he does?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Nah he'll stay. He won't make as money anywhere else for a start. He's the highest paid manager in the world afaik. He moved from porto because chelsea is a much bigger club and for the money. I think he'll stay a few years. He'll get as much success as possible at chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Well first he has to win everything.

And even if he does I would say he will stay there for at least another couple of years. For him to achieve "everything" he would have to make Chelsea the dominant force in England. Even if they won all four trohpys this year, the could still not be considered that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh definitely not. He will stay there for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

To be honest I cant see him staying there more than 3 seasons.
    The appetite ,dedication and attention to detail he devotes to the club cannot possibly be maintained over a long period of time .
    Bear in mind he hasnt been in Management long .
    2-3 years max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

well, I think he will stay another season but maybe in a few years he might be given a chance to manage Real Madrid with a big fat cheque book. I think it would be hard to turn down but cant see him going for any other reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

well, I think he will stay another season but maybe in a few years he might be given a chance to manage Real Madrid with a big fat cheque book. I think it would be hard to turn down but cant see him going for any other reason

In world football there is no team with a bigger checkbook than chelsea.
    He will never be paid the £100,000 a week sterling at Real Madrid which he is now paid at chelsea.

He may be motivated to make Chelsea the world power in football. if thats the case then he will be there a lot longer then 2/3 years. He would need to win the league 3/4 times and win the CL back-to-back to make chelsea that team. Probably have to do the triple aswell to satisfy everyone (Not looking at the Man Utd fans :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Depends on if his wins the Champions League. Coming second in the EPL and getting to the semis didnt have Cudicini from the ruskie's hammer chop. The ruskie wont be happy until he wins it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

i think the point of the thread fatherted was that if he is succesfull will he stay.
    no one doubts i'm sure that if he performs poorly then he will be gone.
    can't see that happening though he doesn't make unexplainable tactical decisions like ranieri did last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

i think he will stay regardless

he has much more control in what players come in than raneri,the press and players actually respect him and he has an open cheque book

i dunno where he would find a better deal so who would he go to,coventry ? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

While Chelsea have a good chance, how likely is it that they would win the CL, especially in back to back years.

Until he sets Chelsea up as an uber world power, I can't see this him leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Does anybody else think the same or am I just hoping he does?
    TBH I think anyone else that moves into that role will be loved / loathed just as much. Maybe stick Roy Evans in there and the whole thing'd break down :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

FatherTed wrote:
    Depends on if his wins the Champions League. Coming second in the EPL and getting to the semis didnt have Cudicini from the ruskie's hammer chop. The ruskie wont be happy until he wins it all.
    Cudicini has moved in to management??? :eek: Seriously though, Ranieri was always going to be sacked, I never rated him myself either no matter how much of a nice fella he was.

Advertisement