Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installation problems with DKU-5 cable SW and drivers

Options
  • 05-01-2005 11:57pm

hi if someone has a data cable for a 3220 could they talk me through the installation procedure. the driver keeps malfunctioning and the software doesnt recognise my phone.

this is the latest software so i dont know what the problem is. xp service pack 2 is my OS if it is of any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

do you have the cable com port activated in mrouter (thye us com1 and com2)

it should be in your taskbar (ie. where the clock is)

sorry i honestly dont know where mrouter is. as my phone is a new model and the driver is dated 2003 on the nokia website perhaps that is the reason. all i know is that it is frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dream Driven

I recently got the mentioned cable, thinking it was usb, it does connect into a usb port but it uses the serial port for communication with phone.

I guess you have Nokis'a PC Suite installed on your PC, if you havn't you will need to download it, when you do.

Click on the ( Manage Connections ) icon, then highlight (serial cable) then click on the (configure button), then pick a (com port) from the drop down list, click OK you might have to go through the process of picking different com port till you get the right one, or it might have the cable listed.

When you do the above open (Windows Explorer) get rid of the task pane on the left, by clicking on the (Folders) button on the tool bar, if you have the right (com port) you should see your phone listed i.e. Nokia 3220 with a small icon, thats my 2cents worth :confused:

Advertisement