Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is this system worth?

Options
  • 06-01-2005 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Alien x gamers case (See through side panel with a ultra voilet light inside)

amd athlon 64bit processor 2800+
    (with a really powerful heatsink and fan for overclocking)
    512mb ddr 3200 ram (With cooler cover)
    80gig maxtor HD with 8mb cache
    Floppy drive
    Sony dvd rewriter drive
    256mb ati radeon 9600 grafix card
    8 usb ports
    lan port
    5.1 sound card (not sure about much of it)
    MSI k8t neo motherboard 64bits OS ready, host clock 800mhz, sata raid, 8 usb, socket 754
    2 frnt usb and mic and adiuo jack ting
    firewire card
    500w power supply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

neon_glows wrote:

Floppy drive
    Sony dvd rewriter drive
    8 usb ports
    lan port
    MSI k8t neo motherboard 64bits OS ready, host clock 800mhz, sata raid, 8 usb, socket 754
    firewire card
    500w power supply
    I would not pay more than €400-€500

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

neon_glows wrote:

Floppy drive
    Sony dvd rewriter drive
    8 usb ports
    lan port
    firewire card
    500w power supply

Depending on the condition about somewhere in the 700-1100 euros range. Probably more if the perhiperals like keyboards,mouse,etc are included. Also you have to take in the software thats included on it as well. Sounds like a pretty modern hardware setup so its worth a fair bit mate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Infini wrote:
    Depending on the condition about somewhere in the 700-1100 euros range. Probably more if the perhiperals like keyboards,mouse,etc are included. Also you have to take in the software thats included on it as well. Sounds like a pretty modern hardware setup so its worth a fair bit mate. :)

No its not. The price gline quoted is a tad high in my eyes but alot closer to real world value that your €700-1k fantasy.

Venom wrote:
    No its not. The price gline quoted is a tad high in my eyes but alot closer to real world value that your €700-1k fantasy.

You have to take into account the age of the computer as well. A lot of the hardware is of good quality and to buy this equipment seperately can cost a lot as well. If the system has been used for quite a while then that knocks off half of its worth but if recently assembled it could cost that much. It's down to its age really and the software installed.

Infini wrote:
    You have to take into account the age of the computer as well. A lot of the hardware is of good quality and to buy this equipment seperately can cost a lot as well. If the system has been used for quite a while then that knocks off half of its worth but if recently assembled it could cost that much. It's down to its age really and the software installed.

All the hardware in that pc is pretty old tech and can be picked up for a song via online shops. Half of the specs he listed are bog standard on any semi decent mobo these days and even then are past there prime. Not trying to rag on OPs pc but its just not worth more than 450-500 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

put it together last week, bought everything online, its running a legalised version of win xp and is fully updated to sp2, also it has the latest office packages from microsoft. Very stylish and bought all parts new except the floppy which is still decent enough!

system cost me 700 euro, i was thinking about selling it on, if i made a profit on it i could go build a better system again!

scratch that i forgot the cost of the case, 820euro so

neon_glows wrote:
    scratch that i forgot the cost of the case, 820euro so

Hell if its new you could sell it for around 900 - 950. Be perfect repacement for someone with an older PC. I'd actually consider buying it off you myself but I'm flat broke after forking out 1500 on a VAIO laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Infini wrote:
    somewhere in the 700-1100 euros range

LOL :)

Second hand here barely €500 with a bad PSU and €550 or a tad more with a good PSU

This is without the XP license...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Infini, it wouldn't happen to be your computer he's trying to flog is it? I mean you are doing some serious brown nosing there. Anywho, have to agree with unkel on that price, 500, 600 tops! Plus people buying second hand computers aren't going to be looking for fancy cases that cost them €120. Nice enough rig, 600 TOPS.

• Advertisement

Infini wrote:
    Hell if its new you could sell it for around 900 - 950. Be perfect repacement for someone with an older PC. I'd actually consider buying it off you myself but I'm flat broke after forking out 1500 on a VAIO laptop.
    You are living in dream world my friend, NO way is that worth 900-950, only someone who knows nothin about pcs would fork out that much for it. If you are selling it here most ppl have all the software they need, so xp and office is no use to them. Most of those parts are dirt cheap to pick up 2nd hand which is exactly what that pc is - 2nd hand, like i said before you will not get more than 500 tops, unless some sucker forks out more for it :D

gline wrote:
    You are living in dream world my friend, NO way is that worth 900-950, only someone who knows nothin about pcs would fork out that much for it. If you are selling it here most ppl have all the software they need, so xp and office is no use to them. Most of those parts are dirt cheap to pick up 2nd hand which is exactly what that pc is - 2nd hand, like i said before you will not get more than 500 tops, unless some sucker forks out more for it :D

Suckers go to Dell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Venom wrote:

LOL :D

They do indeed, but dell is the biggest supplier of pc’s in the world so there is obviously an awful lot of suckers out there, which is why I think he has a good chance of selling it for maybe €750-€800 to a non technically minded person.

Imho its only worth €500 - €600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭dixsey

Venom wrote:
    why do you say suckers go to dell whats wrong with them ?

jessy wrote:
    LOL :D

They do indeed, but dell is the biggest supplier of pc’s in the world so there is obviously an awful lot of suckers out there, which is why I think he has a good chance of selling it for maybe €750-€800 to a non technically minded person.

Imho its only worth €500 - €600.

But those suckers are much more likely to buy from Dell and get a better pc for overall compaired to the system they would get off the thread starter for the same amount of money. Selling a very low spec pc in the buy and sell for 300 to 400 quid is one thing but trying to sell the same low spec pc for 800-1000 is very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

See here i recon your is 600e max

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=301143&cks=PRL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

You MIGHT get 700+ for it in the B&S but you definitely won't here

dixsey wrote:
    why do you say suckers go to dell whats wrong with them ?

My friend got a dell lappy for 1100. Complete peice of crap in all regards and only had a read only drive. Its only a year old and its already a piece of crap.
    The best PC are ones you build yourself. Not some ripoff preassembled model.

Infini wrote:
    The best PC are ones you build yourself. Not some ripoff preassembled model.
    Well thats obviously true , as u know exactly whats going into it and you get exactly what you want (if you have the cash that is ;) )

• Advertisement

In anycase if your going to sell that PC you should sell it to someone who has an ancient PC and needs a more modern platform to work from.

dam i wish i saw that komplett machine before i started building mine, its pretty much the same spec only a faster proccessor a double the hard drive!

dam

would have worked out a **** load cheaper aswell

Advertisement