Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic - A Bit of Personal Joy

Options
  • 06-01-2005 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

This time last year, many of you actively followed the story of my missing sister-in-law Attracta Harron and posted/sent messages of support which were a great source of comfort to the family.

It was a year past on 11th December that Attracta was murdered - though we did not recover her body until 5th April - which was obviously an emotional anniversary for us all.

Anyway, a piece of happy news in relation to all this, Michael and Attracta's first grandchild Michael Joseph Harron, to be known as Joseph, was born on 22nd December at King's College Hospital London weighing 7lb 8oz. (My dad was called Joseph and Attracta had a brother called Joseph)

Here's a picture for those who want to do the 'Oooh' and 'Aaah' bit :)

The family are doing as well as can be expected in the circumstances, this first son/grandchild/nephew has obviously helped them, the main thing now is to get the trial out of the way, hopefully before the summer.

Martin Harran

Note To mods: Totally Off Topic, I know, so no offence will be taken if you want to remove it, maybe after a day or so

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

DonegalMan wrote:
    Note To mods: Totally Off Topic, I know, so no offence will be taken if you want to remove it, maybe after a day or so
    Never. Founder's priviledge :)

Congrats to all concerned Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Martin,

I know the deep impact Attracta's murder had on the town and this showed the high esteem she was held in. The new arrival will bring much joy and help the family through the rough times ahead.

M.

Advertisement