Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Putting National Toll Roads to the test

Options
  • 06-01-2005 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Over the last couple of weeks there's been several threads regarding the recent toll charge increase, and the vast majority of us are pissed off at this state of affairs, and it's the same throughout the media. We all know that this increase is unfair and unjustified. Following the terrible events in Asia on and since St. Stephens Day, there has been unprecedented donations from our government, people and many companies (e.g. Quinn Direct donated €100,000). I have emailed NTR (info@ntr.ie) to suggest that they donate the proceeds of one days' worth of toll charges to a charity such as GOAL, Concern, Irish Red Cross, etc., who are working to try and alleviate some of the suffering that is going on in that part of the world. I look forward to receiving a positive response from them to prove they are not the money-grabbing low-life monopoly that some of us are beginning to believe they may be. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As the government are collecting about €1 per car toll I presume NTR would have to seek their permission to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i believe that they will just said they feel they have donated enough for a country of its size and move on without thinking about it anymore

tho your ida is kind the goverment never looks at things in a kind way its money and they want it .

Advertisement