Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

super system 2 and other books

Options
  • 06-01-2005 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow poker chumps,

I've ordered in 2 shelf loads of poker books for Hodges Figgis. They should be in from the US in about 2 weeks as of this date. I've also ordered 20 copies of Super System 2 which was supposed to be published this month but may not be until the end of February.
    This will probably be the last time I'll bother as I have most titles now but if there's any u need just ask the nice ladies on the first floor to order them for you.
    Adios, Des

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

before I forget we have David Spanier's 'Total Poker' for 4.99 and my fav book, The Education of a Poker Player' by Herbert O. Yardley for 5.99 in the sales. And before anybody says anything about spamming let me say that I don't give a monkeys whether anyone buys anything but if anyone wants to have a chat about the classic Yardley title just walk up and say hello.
    Cheers, D. I'll put the copies on a table on the first floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Which Hoggis Figgis is that for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

pardon my ignorance...but what shop sre we talking about here ?

Hodges Figgis is at 56 Dawson St. Most of the books are Cardoza titles. They'll be on the shelves in about 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

Thanks Doc. I had been meaning to try around a few book shops for Poker books and you've saved me the hunt ....although Hodges Figgis would have been the first place I'd have tried. What are the prices like in comparison to purchasing on Amazon? For example I've just ordered Caro's book of tells for $17 with another $10/15 for shipping which works out about Euros 20-24 with the exchange rate. Amozon.co.uk would have cost about Euro32 for the same item!!

Is there a decent range there now or should I hold on for a couple of weeks till that big order comes in?

• Advertisement

We aint got no books for two weeks. When they come in the average price will be about 20 euro. I'm hoping with the exchange rate we get from our US distributors that price will be closer to 15.

The caro tells book is expensive, closer to 30. It's also more funny than good, I'd get it second hand on Amazon for a fiver if you can. I'll leave a post when they come in. For the moment we aint got any except the few in the sale mentioned above. If you can get them 2nd hand as a bunch with low postage costs I'd give that some serious thought.

Advertisement