Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Digital into other rooms

Options
  • 06-01-2005 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads

What is the best way to pipe NTL Digital into more than one room? I saw somewhere that you can only have Digital in one room and the rest of the rooms can use the analogue serivice. Is this true?

If so, any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

I got a second digibox from them for €3.50 a month which isn't too bad. Unfortunately there's no movies or sport on the second box.

And I have 3 other rooms just using the analogue service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

I just rang them this morning after getting digital installed last week and was told they want the exact same charge for a second box.

I.e. another €25 "Installation" fee, and another €10 per month??

Wtf?

At the mo I have Basic, Digital and 1Mb Broadband.

Was I unlucky enough to speak to a monkey/newbie who didnt know what he was talking about??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Faltermyer wrote:
    Was I unlucky enough to speak to a monkey/newbie who didnt know what he was talking about??

At least you got a monkey, I've heard with Chorus you get chimps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You could use a wireless video sender to send it to another TV, or you could use the RF output on the digibox to send it to each TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You could use a wireless video sender to send it to another TV, or you could use the RF output on the digibox to send it to each TV.

With that method only one digital channel can be viewed at a time.

The ntl digital boxes don't have rf outputs.

• Advertisement

Getting it to another room wouldnt be a problem. Its getting it to another room and being able to choose different channels in each room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

My NTL digi box has an RF output.

There are devices around that allow you to change the channel on a digibox in another room. But I don't know what there called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

some video senders have remote controls senders built in. a second box is the best way to do it as you can watch different channels in different rooms.

big_moe wrote:
    watch different channels in different rooms.
    Exactly. Unless theres only one or two people living in a house then simply sending the same signal to two rooms is pointless imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have NTL,

I got another digital point in one of the other rooms, for 4 euro a month, and i was told that I get everything i have in each room, i.e i have sky sports in both rooms for the extra 4 euro, i did py 25 installation though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

Faltermyer wrote:
    I just rang them this morning after getting digital installed last week and was told they want the exact same charge for a second box.

I.e. another €25 "Installation" fee, and another €10 per month??

NTL have reduced the monthly rental of a second digibox to €5/month from €10/month. This was in a note with my current bill.

Advertisement