Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon Digital IXUS 600

• 06-01-2005 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Guys,

Anybody know if the Canon Ixus 600 is going to be released any time soon?

Looking for specs to, if anybody has them?

Thanks,

Jo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Jefferson Darcy

Not sure how large you're planning to print, but the Ixus 500 is out at present and getting good reviews, as with most cameras in the Ixus range. Do you really need 6mp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Not sure how large you're planning to print, but the Ixus 500 is out at present and getting good reviews, as with most cameras in the Ixus range. Do you really need 6mp?

I dont really NEED it but i had a 400(it broke last weekend) and i dont see any point in buy in the 500 if the 600 is coming out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Jefferson Darcy

Well thats the thing with any kind of tech, you'll never really be on top of the latest technology. P&S cameras are updated every single year. I'd concentrate more on my photo-taking skills than having the latest and greatest.

In fact, if I had your budget, I'd be looking at Canon's S series instead, similar money and you get full manual controls in a package that isn't much bigger than the Ixus.

That said, any chance of warranty repair on your 400?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

nah no chance - i have had the ixus 400 for 18 months now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

IXUS is nice but the lag between pressing the button to take a shot and taking the shot is pretty bad. My experience is with the 500 so might be fixed in the 600. Anyone got a PDF of the 500 manual? Iv googled but only found references to it not the actual file.

• Advertisement
Advertisement