Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did you ever have one of these or know some who had

Options
  • 06-01-2005 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

did you ever have one of these or know some who had....
    http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/subzero/subzero4g.htm
    i know that there is better TEC stuff out there but has anyone one out there ever seen on of these in action and whats the sound level like and what to cooling like and would it work with a waterblock on it instead of the fan ???????
    its a mate of mine who is thinking of buying one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

It looks pretty funky, decent reviews on it... "its a mate of mine who is thinking of buying one"... sure it is ;-)

Wonder if it'd fit inside a shuttle??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

:o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

looks cool, how much the retailing for???

$150... If i can find one i might pic one up in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I think that would be a bad buy because you really need water to keep a good tec cool. I would imagine that that is only a small TEC used which can actually increse temperatures. A TEC should be double the CPU wattage which nowadyas means you need over 200 watts in a TEC add that to the CPU wattage and you have over 300 watts for the heatsink to cool.

• Advertisement

BabyEater wrote:
    I think that would be a bad buy because you really need water to keep a good tec cool. I would imagine that that is only a small TEC used which can actually increse temperatures. A TEC should be double the CPU wattage which nowadyas means you need over 200 watts in a TEC add that to the CPU wattage and you have over 300 watts for the heatsink to cool.
    True would be good to see how it preforms though, i think i would only bother using TEC on a GPU

unklerosco wrote:
    Those results dont look like they are worth the bother, better off doing ur own peltier system and get way lower temps, with a bit of care

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I wouldn't like to put that on an overclocked system as it says it only uses 73watts for the TEC. That means the TEC will be acting like an insulator if the CPU is overclocked. It was tested on a 1.8 northwood which is not a hot chip, I would like to see it on a Prescott.

Advertisement