Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removals and Storage

Options
  • 06-01-2005 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know the rough cost of removing house contents and storage of same. I have a 4 bed house that I might be moving out of until a new house is built.

I am looking at moving and storing the contents.

So included would be beds, wardrobes, tables, chairs, sofa and chairs cabinets etc.

Anyone recently moved house might be able to give me an idea on this.

Thanks

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

The likes of Cronins or Nat Ross will charge you at least 2k and storage of 150+ per month. Small removal firms will be cheaper, but may be less professional and have questionable storage facilities. If you're building on a site another option would be to rent a container and do the storage yourself, though you'll have to be careful with dampness.

I know Cronins are happy enough to give quotes based on a survey form and would presume that others do likewise.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Have a look at http://www.ustoreit.ie. I've no experience with them myself, but I noticed their place just off the M50 a few times while driving past.

One advantage appears to be that you can get to your stuff whenever you want. Others I contacted a while ago about this wanted extra handling fees every time you even wanted to look in the container.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭mijmu

Do any of you know where I could rent a container?

Thanks for the info so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The moving companies would know, but try "storage containers" on www.goldenpages.ie

Advertisement