Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGage - caribe virus

Options
  • 06-01-2005 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Youngfella contracted this some time ago so I thought I'd take up the gauntlet of trying to remove it. Read all there is to read about it but the problem is that I can't connect the phone to a PC using either the cable or bluetooth. The PC Suite app just doesn't detect the phone at all and bluetooth keeps reporting that the maximum number of bluetooth connections are in use (presumably by Caribe).

Is there any way to do a restore it to factory defaults/settings or 'format' it somehow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

from what I heard the virus blocks just about everything on the phone.
    try taking it to a Nokia center and get the to re flash the phone.
    should do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Bro works in o2 and he can't seem to do anything with it either. I've just seen posts on other sites about using the *#7370 sequence which is supposed to zap it. I'm sure I saw this elsewhere but in conjunction with the QD. I'll give it a spin later on.

Advertisement