Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding out who owns a mobile

• 06-01-2005 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

how do you find out who owns a mobile number? I am getting texts off someone and its getting annoying. How do I find out who owns the phone? I have tried ringing the voicemail and I have tried putting in a password but it doesnt work. I have tried rining it but a girl answers and then hangs up. Is there a way to find out who it is?

Comments

You could ring at around 5pm, pretend to be someone from vodafone, and ask them their details. If they're ditzy, they'll fall for it...

Or the guards. That'll do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Thats a good Idea. cheers man, more suggestions welcome in case that doesnt work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

get someone from a diferent phone to ring it, or post it on here and we'll all ring it day and night from millions of diferent numbers untill they stop txting you!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

Rozabeez wrote:
    get someone from a diferent phone to ring it, or post it on here and we'll all ring it day and night from millions of diferent numbers untill they stop txting you!

I like the way U think - :D
    I can just see it now some pain in the ass
    prankster having the prank bite them in the ass
    blitzed to exhaustion by crazy assed texts.

That il learn em

I will do that as soon as I find out who it is alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

make a complaint to your operator and they will contact the person via the guards and tell them that their commuincations are unwanted.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Rozabeez wrote:

LOL that really is a fantastic idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

ring from a landline and you'll get her

tell vodafone or who ever she's with they can at least track her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

LOL that really is a fantastic idea

Yeah it is , DO IT DO IT !!!!!

i think roseabee is right i for ne would love to play mind games today.....

who can i call on private.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Emmo wrote:
    make a complaint to your operator and they will contact the person via the guards and tell them that their commuincations are unwanted.

Emmo

The phone operators won't do anything unless you go to the guards first. If the phone isn't registered it becomes more problematic.

You see its a girl, who called me by name, and the first text was funny enough - Hey (my name) got your number from a friend of yours, I always thought you were a ride in college, would love to shag you - my response was thanks, who is this - and it went on just taking the piss from there. It is obviously someone that got put up to it, if you read some of the later texts about what she wanted done you would understand. She also knew me by name and asked if I still worked in the place i used to by name.

So I want to find out who it is, then get them back ten fold

stop txtin back stop calling.... she'll get guilty make sure its after a really nasty txt, and then she'll come out with it and you can have a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mememe

hey joejoe, i had the same problem recently, got the guards involved, but all they could do for me was call the number and left a friendly message! i presume, like myself, you want to find out who owns the phone and let them know how annoying it is? would posting the number here make any difference? if the moderators will allow, the one that annoyed me was <snip>. cork area. similar response was got when i called it, silence then hung up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Rozabeez wrote:

that would be a great Denial of Service attack for Mobile,
    we could ask for a Forum request.
    We could call it Phone Nukes or something like that LOL

stop txtin back stop calling.... she'll get guilty make sure its after a really nasty txt, and then she'll come out with it and you can have a go

Tried that, texts stoped, I know that it was a wind up because a few months ago I did simialar things to friends, I put ads on buy and sell for 100 pairs of sky blue Y-Fronts in buy and sell with a mates phone number and it spread. This is the first time it has happend to me so I just want to find out who it was and then get them back. Curiosity killed joejoe and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

mememe wrote:
    the one that annoyed me was 08x xxxxxxxx.

Take my phone number down off this site :mad:

Edit (Trojan): when quoting this post you really shouldn't also quote the number ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Check your texts Raskolnikiv

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

joejoem wrote:
    how do you find out who owns a mobile number? I am getting texts off someone and its getting annoying.

then
    joejoem wrote:
    Tried that, texts stoped,

then
    joejoem wrote:
    I did simialar things to friends

So its not the nuisance texts that bother you (people took the time to advise you how to stop this) but the fact you don't know who sent them and therefore they have one up on you and are laughing at you behind your back. Serves you right.

RedRules5 wrote:
    So its not the nuisance texts that bother you (people took the time to advise you how to stop this) but the fact you don't know who sent them and therefore they have one up on you and are laughing at you behind your back. Serves you right.

Oh you are such a nerd!!!!!!! Thats why I have it in After Hours. Go hang out in Personal issues, or join a support group for nags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mememe

if anyone does know who owns this number <snip> reward or something offered! reasons are more serious than joejoem's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

joejoem wrote:
    Oh you are such a nerd!!!!!!!

...says the man on the internet asking for advice with prank calls.

No offence.

None Taken - from the man on the internet with a thousand plus posts??

NoelRock

Friends | FOAF

mememe wrote:
    the one that annoyed me was <snip>. cork area. similar response was got when i called it, silence then hung up!

MWAH HAH HAH!!! *cackles evilly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

joejoem wrote:
    None Taken - from the man on the internet with a thousand plus posts??

NoelRock

Friends | FOAF

If you take Noelrock's average posting rate since his join date, he has made approx 300 per year ,or 6 a week if that's easier for you to get your head round.
    Compare this to your 216 posts in the last 3 months, or 18 posts a week.

Oh and:
    Oh you are such a nerd!!!!!!!

Touché
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

LoL i love it wertz very funny ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

So lets have that number Joejoem.... Post that number on boards.ie and in a week she will have changed her sim card.
    All you get from that number mememe posted is voicemail... I'd say someone is pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

joejoem wrote:
    Oh you are such a nerd!!!!!!! Thats why I have it in After Hours. Go hang out in Personal issues, or join a support group for nags.

Thanks joejoem, thats hilarious, can't stop laughing. I can honestly say I have never laughed so much at an insult in my life. Its for little gems like this that I mingle on the forums at boards.ie and dont 'hang out' in any one spot. Really, thanks.

You seem to imply I have done something wrong in my post. I'd like to postpone further comment until you, a mod or someone else lets me know what it was exactly. As this is off topic feel free to PM me.
    Sorry about this but I am new to online forums and have only managed a reading of 2.5 posts per week on your howmanypostsdoesittaketobecomeanerdometer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

DO NOT post other peoples mobile numbers on here. It's not big and it's not clever.

The next person do so will receive a temporary 6 month ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

joejoem wrote:
    I know that it was a wind up because a few months ago I did simialar things to friends

what goes around comes around maybe they are connected
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Text her from a mates number playing the same **** back on her... worked for me before. Always a good idea to send the first text on a Sunday morning and make out like you got her number the night before ;)

Advertisement