Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Anytime

Options
  • 06-01-2005 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

This is a long rant, I apologise in advance.

I just had to ask if anyone else has had the misfortune of having to deal with Esat BT's customer 'assistance'? I am climbing the walls after spending the morning trying to talk sense to these people..

I moved last year, and Eircom informed me that it would be this year before they moved over my phone line as the house was in a new estate. Rather than waste money, I sent in a request form to Esat BT to change the phone line I dial from to my mother's phone, so that at least someone would get use out of it - I considered quitting it altogether but they told me that it takes 2 months to cancel it, so there wasn't much point. That was fine (although they never actually let me know when the move went ahead). About a week after I'd made this request, Eircom got back to me again and installed a phone line. I emailed Esat to cancel the request (assuming it hadn't been done since no-one got back to me). About a week later, someone replied to that and told me it was too late, the transfer had been completed. Ok, I rang the customer assistance number and asked them if it could be reversed. They said I'd have to fill in the form again, it was the equivalent of setting up a new account. I asked them to send me out the form. I waited and waited, giving them the benefit of doubt due to December postage, but no sign of it. So just before christmas there, I rang them again. This time I asked the lady to fax me a form - she never did. I went to call them back again today, and first time, I was about 5 mins on their queuing system when it prompted me to hit 1 to request a call back. I hit one, and it ended the call. I rang again. This time I was waiting for about half an hour to get the 'call back' message - I didn't press 1 this time, I'd been burned before, and I figured it couldn't be much longer.. How wrong I was! I eventually hung up after about 1 hr waiting. I called again, after about 20 mins I got the call back message. I pressed 1 this time, I didn't have another hour to waste, and it put me into a different queue! Eventually someone picked up, and I explained the situation to her. She said she'd fax me another form - I asked if the processing of the form could be rushed through considering their previous incompetance (using nicer words, of course ;)), she said no, it takes 2 weeks. I told her to go ahead and fax it, but I'm going to cancel the account. She put me on hold while she was faxing it, then hung up on me. I'm livid at this stage - I'm not ringing up again for another hour to be told that I have to pay for 2 more months service I can't use before they'll let me go! I have already paid for 6 weeks thanks to their organisation's complete lack of organisation!

Sorry, rant over, just wondering if anyone else has felt like murder over those ... humans...

Advertisement