Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Strange Collaborations

• 06-01-2005 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

heres another one for you. what are the strangest metal/rock collaborations. be they good or truly awful. the strangest one for me is definately Rammstein+tATu on the Reise Reise album

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne, we all saw it coming though what little specs of respect which lingered for Ozzy tried to convice us otherwise :(

The whole Judgement Night album. Cypress Hill and Sonic Youth par example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

How about Sparks and Faith No More, that was a bit out there. (something for the girl with everything, and this town ain't big enough for the both of us)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

"this town aint big enough for the both of us" is such a brilliantly cheesy song. weird collab. tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

totally class song, was just listening to it the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Nick Cave, Shane MacGowan, PJ Harvey, Anita Lane and that other stalwart of independent music, Kylie Minogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Bowie and Reznor on "I'm Afraid of Americans" is a strange mix but it works

Bowie and Reznor on "I'm Afraid of Americans" is a strange mix but it works

I don't think that's strange at all. They used to perform live together an awful lot, have a few bootlegs and videos of them. I think they're very much a likely combination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Well I'm sorry!

don't be sorry, I just don't think it's strange, you might.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Jay-z and The Beatles on the Grey album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

My sister was tellin me that on Bjork's new album,she has an icelandic(dunno if thats right) choir behind her, Rahzel as the beat and Mike Patton. I found this kinda intruiging,but she keeps forgetting the cd....Dont hate me if it just somehow popped into my head in a dream one night,and isnt actually true!! (But it could be)

Cianan2 wrote:
    My sister was tellin me that on Bjork's new album,she has an icelandic(dunno if thats right) choir behind her, Rahzel as the beat and Mike Patton. I found this kinda intruiging,but she keeps forgetting the cd....Dont hate me if it just somehow popped into my head in a dream one night,and isnt actually true!! (But it could be)

It's true. I think the choir is a group of Innuit throat singers. I haven't heard the album yet but it sounds very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

Have to be the whole "Velvet revolver" fiasco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

John2 wrote:
    Nick Cave, Shane MacGowan, PJ Harvey, Anita Lane and that other stalwart of independent music, Kylie Minogue.

what was this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

nirvana and destinys child - i didnt see that one coming at all!
    seriously thou , id have to agree on the whole judgement night thing,it was also very influential for a lot of future projects and collaborations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

I think the Spawn soundtrack has some interesting pairings...Slayer and iceT, or is that Judgement Night??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Soulfly and Tom Araya. Strange, since the seps did steal slayer's sound...

As sad as it sounds, I love that song with Nick Cave and Kylie :o

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Dimebag Darrell, Vinnie Paul, Rex Brown and David Allen Coe.

Brian May, Rodger Taylor & Paul Rodgers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Nightwish wrote:
    heres another one for you. what are the strangest metal/rock collaborations. be they good or truly awful. the strangest one for me is definately Rammstein+tATu on the Reise Reise album

Are they the strange sounding vocals on that "Moskau" track?

I quite like that one actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

yeah thats them on the chorus. the strange thing is it works

what was this?

They're all on the Bad Seeds album Murder Ballads on the track "Death Is Not The End", a Dylan cover. Kylie and PJ Harvey are on other tracks on the album but the last track is a star studded sing-a-long sunshine song.

That Kylie one is quite good, especially when he smashes her head in with a rock IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Well....Dave Mustaine and Vinnie Colaiuta (sp?) is a strange but obviously great collaboration!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm still waiting for Crosby, Stills and Slash...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

linkin park ruined my love for them when they teamed up with jay-z
    gone are the days of Hybrid Theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Who would have thought Metallica and the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra would be so... effective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

On the nativity in black album, Bruce Dickinson does Sabbath Bloody Sabbath with...i think its Godsmack? It sounds class, but only because of Brucie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

a lot of jay-z there so i'll add two more

these are mixes not actual collabs

biffy clyro and jay-z - there's no such thing as a jay-z snake.

weezer and jay-z there's a whole mix album out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement