Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K500 vs. K700

Options
  • 06-01-2005 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm due a new phone and was wondering what the main differences between the SE K500 and SE K700 are.

There is about 100 Euro difference between the two for my option and the O2 site doesn't seem to have much difference between them.

Question two is, are they good phones and worth it?

Any advice/insight, greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

You can compare the features of the two phones here.

The K500 is basically a smaller, trimmed down version of the K700. It lacks bluetooth, the FM radio, and the memory of the K700.

I used the K700 and it's a great little phone, and I'd highly recommend it.

You can get some reviews on it here:
    http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=817&source=MOSTREAD
    http://www.esato.com/reviews/sonyericsson_k700/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ahh it has no memory card with the MP3 player?

thats is a drag, you can't upgrade the 41MB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

syke wrote:
    ahh it has no memory card with the MP3 player?

thats is a drag, you can't upgrade the 41MB?

Yeah no memory card. So assuming you didn't use up memory with videos and photos you could probably get 10 or 12 mp3's (encoded at 128kbps) on to it. I found it to be quite adequate as I never really used the phone as a dedicated mp3 player. If having a memory card is important you should take a look at the Nokia 6230. It has almost identical specs to the K700 and includes memory card support. The other Sony Ericsson models with memory card support are the S700i, the P900/10, and the new 3G V800 (only available on Vodafone).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

In my opinion, mobile phones wont be properly usable as MP3 players until you can use your own pair of headphones. I think smartphones allow this, but not the K700 or most of the "ordinary" phones I've seen. I got a K700 a few weeks ago, but the supplied headphone earbuds seem to be the size of a euro! ok maybe an exaggeration,but I still find them pretty big and uncomfortable...

Anyway, iPod looks after my MP3 needs, especially now the iTunes music store is here to save us money!

Anyway, yeah the K700 is pretty cool, excellent at messaging with major improvements over t610 in terms of phonebook, display, ringtone volume and camera. I'd recommend it,but only if you want to charge it every 2 days coz thats all I get out of the battery..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

In my opinion, mobile phones wont be properly usable as MP3 players until you can use your own pair of headphones.

like the sharp 902 ;) :rolleyes: :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I love my K700i to bits. I don't use it as an mp3 player, so the memory is filled with 30 second clips from mp3s for use as ringtones and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

any phones out their taking micro drives yet?

Advertisement