Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Botanics Bar Phibsboro

• 06-01-2005 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I hope i've got the name of the place correct !

Has anyone ever been there, what's the age group/vibe in the place?
    Is it full of "yun wans" & "yun fellits"?

Am heading there friday night, what can I expect?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs.Babalady

Sh*ite ! It must be a right dump if even no-one from boards has been in it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

never even heard of it.....
    its in phibsboro so dont expect champagne and cocktails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

i think you mean the botanic house?? used to ok, sort of an auld fellas pub. it's pretty foul now. not only will you find yung wans there, but their bumpkin equivalent also!

go round the corner to the gravediggers... rapid pub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Can a person who describes a pub as "rapid" be trusted?

Friends I'm going with said it was great spot with late bar (they are neither aul lads or from the country !)
    Wonder if it's been done up - i feckin well hope so.

• Advertisement

I think I've been in the botanics house before and it was alright if memory serves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

at what age do you become an aul lad?

Nuttzz wrote:
    at what age do you become an aul lad?

When yur given a "diamond" jumper for xmas/birthday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

Can a person who describes a pub as "rapid" be trusted?

here, are youse callin me a scumbag? i'll bleedin burst ya!!!!

rapid, is now de rigeur, all of D4 use it, don't ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Lovely opinions lads, really nice...

The pub in question has recently been refurbished and is not a bad aul watering hole, if you don't like it then go to porterhouse north just down the road from it, and with mcgowans down the road you can go and pick up a fat 30 something later in the evening....

Question - Why are you asking what a pub is like before you go to it? Are you afraid of the area?

• Advertisement

landser wrote:
    here, are youse callin me a scumbag? i'll bleedin burst ya!!!!

rapid, is now de rigeur, all of D4 use it, don't ya know

I would never like to infer that u are a knacker :)

Thanks for the info.

To answer you Keyzer, i'm not afraid of the area, just don't know it & didn't want to end up somewhere full of 16 year olds getting locked on 1 pint of cider.

As i am an overweight 30 something myself perhaps i should persuade my friends to go straight to Mc Gowans & cut out the middle man !!!

Is Mc Gowans still full of Gardai & nurses though? (it's been a while since was there)

Jesus, i'm starting to feel old & decrepid myself- I do go out - I swear , just not in Phibsboro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

no offence intended....

Still full of garda and nurses, not that I go their often, I despise the place....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭yamo

they've done the place up. it's fairly nice now, and there's a pretty decent crowd there. if it's ****e, there's always the new porterhouse across the road...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

The only reason I'd go there is because it's a late bar and close to where I live. There are some much better pubs around the area, but none of them have a late licence. Although I heard Porterhouse does now... Anyone know if that's true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I assume you all mean the Botanic House in Glasnevin/Phibsboro?

It's a nice place. There's a late bar in one side and it's more aimed at younger people like students and the like. I live two minutes away so it's handy to get to. Wasn't too big a fan of the Porterhouse North tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

I hope i've got the name of the place correct !

Has anyone ever been there, what's the age group/vibe in the place?
    Is it full of "yun wans" & "yun fellits"?

Am heading there friday night, what can I expect?

Thanks in advance

Friend of mine went there about 3 years ago. Scored some mid-30's teacher and went back to her place. Spent the night there, did the do and then left in the morning. He got paranoid after that for some reason and went and got an STD checkup 2 days later.
    Is this a good enough recommendation for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Evilution wrote:
    Friend of mine went there about 3 years ago. Scored some mid-30's teacher and went back to her place. Spent the night there, did the do and then left in the morning. He got paranoid after that for some reason and went and got an STD checkup 2 days later.
    Is this a good enough recommendation for you?
    Sounds like a moron tbh

SteveD wrote:
    Sounds like a moron tbh

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

In fairness he does sound like a moron.

• Advertisement

MojoMaker wrote:
    In fairness he does sound like a moron.

Why? Because he went out? Went to a bar? Scored a woman? Slept with her?
    Or is it because even though he used a condom he still got an STD checkup because something didn't feel right? It came back negative by the way.
    Some judgemental mofo's on boards tonight :confused:

Thought The Botanic House was quite nice.
    Decent crowd & music. Yeh late bar very handy as the weather was so bad , we didn't move from there all night
    Would recommend it - oh yeh,got drink sent to me from man along the bar , hasn't happened in ages so was very flattered. Do you think that may colour my opinion of the place??

Thanks for all the posts guys...

Advertisement