Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word doc embeded in word doc

• 06-01-2005 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I have a word document with embeded word and excel files in it. The embeded files show up as icons ,the excel files open just fine but the embeded word files are just recognising as pictures. so when I click to open them i get an image edit option.The main document was sent to me but the orininal embeded files no longer exist.
    The creator of the document deleted the orininals after embeding them.
    Is it possible the word files are still in the document somewhere?
    Interestingly when I delete the embeded word icons the file size of the main file increases rather than decreases from 907k to 959k.
    I know this is a very obscure question but does anyone have any ideas.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Not sure if this is the problem - it's to do with packaged docs and security patch.

If you have outlook 2003 or outlook 2000 with security patches added then it won't let you open or save some packaged stuff in docs..

you can save the email as an msg and then open it in an older version of outlook or an unpatched outlook 2000

Advertisement