Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pioneer CDJ100 Question

• 06-01-2005 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

So I'm recently minding a pair of these CDJs. Nice I must say. I'm a vinyl man so I'm enjoying playing around with these electronic features.

But I'm somewhat confused at some of the features. I'm surprised auto-cue doesn't turn on automatically...surely having a track auto-start isn't a good feature especially when it means the following track will play without you turning this on? Also - the master tempo button - can anyone explain? It gives a reading if held down but doesn't seem to be a BPM reader. What's that all about?

As I said I'm enjoying the not-so-hands-on approach so any help would be much appreciated. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭conorgriff

is it cdj100's u have or cdj1000's? The master tempo button allows you to change the speed of the song without changing the pitch so ur vocals don't go all chipmunk on you if u increase the speed by 4%. Also comes in handy for making minor adjustments while beatmatching

- also, the auto cue is handy if every track on the cd starts on the beat, but if you setup your own cue-points and save them then you would have no need for the auto cue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Hey thanks for the help. They'e the 100s I'm afraid as they're well old. Ah the master tempo thing is a nice feature - costs a fortune to get that done to a set of technics I think! Do you need to hold it as you adjust it as it doesn't seem to stay on with a click?

Sure the auto-cue isn't much good if you set your own cue points but that means you can't have your own cues with a guarantee the track will stop at the end? Ok so it's not on vinyl but I thought there was a standard "single" or "continuous" option on all decks? I guess it's only on the cheaper models?!

yeah I suppose the auto cue comes in handy in that instance, funny, I have one cdj1000 and I've never used the auto cue, never thought of it being used in that way, I always just make sure the track has been mixed out b4 it ends completely, or else make sure the trigger finger is ready to hit pause as soon as the track finishes, so cheers for makin me cop onto that one ;) hehe

I still like using vinyl instead but using the cdj1000 is the closest u can get to it and alot of places use them now. So hard to get a gig in this country tho...

Yeah it's all about what you get used to!

Just wondering - Do you need to hold Master Tempo as you adjust it as it doesn't seem to stay on with a click?

Cheers.

well I've never used the 100's but it should stay on with a click I'd say. It does with the 1000's

• Advertisement

Grand that's all I wanted to check. Enjoy the 1000s :)

Advertisement